Duty Officer Fitness Leisure Assistant with Gym Development responsibilities
15 to 37 hours per week (depending on knowledge and experience) - Full Year
Start Date: May 2018 or as soon as possible - Temporary for one year in the first instance
Free Gym Membership
Pension scheme available – LGPS
Up to 20 days paid Holiday
Be part of the growing success…
- Are you looking for an opportunity to have a key role in working alongside a Manager to oversee the operation of a Sport and Leisure Centre?
- Do you want to be part of the continuing centre development and team where your skills will help shape its success?
- Are you looking to expand your knowledge and skills in management?
- Are you looking for security in a contracted positon?
- Do you want to be part of a Community Hub, which provides the community with excellent leisure opportunities, including Gym Memberships, Fitness classes, Sports Lettings and courses, children’s parties, community classes, café, conferencing facilities and public library?
Woodrush Sport Centre – Rush Active
At Woodrush Sport and Leisure Centre, we are passionate about offering an outstanding service to our customers. The Centre, part of The Woodrush High School Academy, is located within Wythall, Birmingham, and is surrounded by 12,000 residents, and over 1,200 staff and students.
The Sport and Leisure Centre, which comprises of a fitness gym (Rush Active), full sized AGP, Sports Hall, Gymnasium, Grass Pitches and Tennis/Netball courts, is extremely popular and considered the centre of the local community. The centre provides the community with excellent leisure opportunities, including, Sports Lettings and courses, children’s parties and fitness/community classes.
The Community Hub (opened in 2016) comprise of a 40 station gym, 110sq.m fitness/dance studio, a café, public library, community/youth centre and conferencing facilities, extending our offer into, Gym Memberships, Fitness classes and Catering.
The Sport and Leisure Centre is open from 6:30am – 10:00pm Monday – Friday and 8:30am – 6:00pm / 5:30pm Saturday and Sunday.
We are looking for a person who is able . . .
- To supervise and oversee the operation of the Sports Centre, Hub and Gym, ensuring the Health and Safety of all staff and customers.
- To ensure the highest standards of service are provided, aiming to maintain and increase sales and retention levels.
- To have a lead role in developing, co-ordinating and delivering our Gym Development Programme, and Personal Training Packages.
- To compete any required administrative, financial and marketing duties, to assist the Centre Operations.
- To direct and support the Group Exercise Fitness Instructors, Fitness Leisure Assistants and Casual Support Assistants, Cafe Manager and Assistants to fulfil their roles and responsibilities, ensuring that all procedures are adhered to.
- to maintain high ‘front of house’ standards and assist with the smooth running of the Sports Centre, Hub and Gym, including setting up equipment for customers and cleaning of facilities.
- To develop and act as lead co-ordinator in organising and delivering our Gym Development Programme and Personal Training Packages running alongside our Les Mills Timetable to increase income and provision.
- To actively seek out new memberships/custom and support management with implementing developed strategies and targets.
- To support the Assistant Managers and Fitness Instructors ensuring that all procedures are adhered to. To oversee the management of the Casual Support Assistants.
If you have the passion, skills and drive for this role, and would like to operate within a brand new build as a new and exciting team then apply now!
Woodrush is situated in a pleasant suburban area in North Worcestershire on the borders of Birmingham only 5 minutes from Junction 3 of the M42 and 15 minutes from Redditch, Bromsgrove and Solihull
Interested candidates please complete our application form which can be found on our website www.woodrushhigh.worcs.sch.uk and click on Woodrush Community Hub or cut and paste the link http://www.woodrushhigh.worcs.sch.uk/index.phtml?d=556959 to your browser.
Alternatively email Mrs Robinson - email@example.com to request an application pack. Please state the number of hours you are interested in working on your application
Woodrush High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Posts are subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service. CVs will not be accepted in place of an application form.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role”
Closing date first post: Thursday 19th April 2018 (no later than 1pm)
Interviews: Week Commencing 23rd April 2018
Woodrush High School
An Academy for Students Aged 11 -18
Tel: 01564 823777