Children’s Services Manager
Be part of the action.
Children’s Services Manager
37 hours per week
Circa £44,000 per annum
How we work:
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families.
Residential services are a vital part of our work. As a Children’s Services Manager, you’ll be responsible for operational delivery and development of our Warwickshire Services. These consist of a current short-breaks residential service for disabled children in Kenilworth and leading the exciting mobilisation of new residential Children’s Homes across Warwickshire and Solihull, which will incorporate an innovative therapeutic model. You will line manage Registered Managers, work closely with internal support colleagues and develop excellent external relationships e.g. with local Commissioners. You will ensure the services provide a high standard of care for young people, meeting and exceeding all regulatory requirements, and that the new Homes are mobilised on time and to budget.
How you’ll make a difference:
By ensuring delivery of high-quality services for children and young people
By building and leading high-quality teams that strive to provide ‘Outstanding’ residential services
By maintaining and developing excellent relationships with key partners, driving service growth
By meeting all delivery and financial milestones when implementing new services
What you’ll need:
- Substantial experience of leading and delivering high quality services for children and young people
- Substantial experience of successfully managing change and uncertainty in a complex environment
- Substantial experience of implementing new services and meeting project milestones
- Experience of nurturing and building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and partners, including Commissioners, to support service and business growth
- Experience of residential Children’s Homes/Placement services and OFSTED regulation / inspection
- Experience of successfully managing budgets to achieve income targets and margins, ideally in a Placement environment
Please contact Lee Furniss on 07590 418349 or Jan Stoll on 07720 073585 or for more information on this opportunity.
To apply please visit our website via the apply button.
How we reward you:
One role. Many rewards.
Find out about our benefit package on our website.
Closing date: 30 April 2018
Interviews are planned for Wednesday 16 May
Action for Children exists to make children’s lives better: now, tomorrow and every day.
Committed to quality, equality and valuing diversity, we welcome applications that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities within which we work. Registered charity no. 1097940. Company no. 4764232. Charity registered in Scotland SC038092.