Social worker: Family Finding and Targeted Services
Telford & Wrekin Council
Children’s Safeguarding, Specialist Services & Early Help
Telford & Wrekin Fostering Service
We are seeking to recruit to the following posts:
Post: Social Worker Family finding & Targeted Services
Grade : P01scp 33- 36 £29,909-£32,233
Market Factor Allowance of £2,500 for 2 years post qualified children’s social workers
Hours: 37hours per week
The essential requirements for this post is:
- BA Hons Social work, Dip SW or equivalent, HCPC registration
- Experience – post qualification experience in child care social work; direct experience of Fostering (legislation, standards, schedules and guidance) and an understanding of child protection investigation processes, assessment and care planning for children in care & care proceedings
- Practice experience in supervising and supporting the needs of children & young people in care, foster carers and achieving placement stability and permanence for children and young people
- Willingness to develop and be involved in the recruitment process of foster carers, including Form F assessments
- To take a lead on identifying the children requiring a service within Fostering Plus (step down from residential services), including Family Finding for these children.
- Ability to manage a limited caseload of foster families to supervise and support
- There may be some planned evening and weekend work and this post includes supporting an out of hours service on a rota basis.
Closing date for applications Wednesday 6th June 2018
For an informal discussion about any of these social work positions please telephone 01952 385420 and ask for either Dan Chell or Kelly Burgess.
For further information on the role please click on the links below to view the job description and person specification.
Please note employees who are at risk will be considered first for this position. Only if an appointment is not made will other candidates be considered.
We are committed to equality and diversity. Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check.
CVs will not be accepted.Supporting documents