Fire Protection Inspector
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Fire Protection Team of Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service. If you are a high performing, driven and self-motivated individual who likes a challenging and rewarding role then please look below.
1 x 37 hrs per week - Full time position - £25,463 - £28,221
1 x 22.2 hrs per week - Part time position - £15,277 - £16,932
Purpose of the job:
• To undertake all aspects of Fire Protection work effectively
Fire Protection Functions:
• To advise and inform the public and others, on request, on all matters relating to fire protection and prevention within premises.
• To inspect and audit and review premises under the provisions of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and to give advice and instruction on compliance.
• To enforce the provisions of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 through the serving of Formal notifications as required.
• To inspect premises under other fire related legislation and to report any findings to the relevant enforcing authority.
• To gather evidence and carry out prosecution procedures where required.
• Contribute to policy and procedures for WFRS that relate to legislative guidance on matter concerning fire safety.
• Maintain personal competencies in line with the Role Map.
We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic individual to help us achieve our drive to provide excellent service in everything that we do.
The successful person would need to:
• Have level 4 diploma in Fire Safety or working towards (training may be provided to the suitable candidate)
• Undertake further Fire Safety development courses as appropriate.
• Have the ability to use own initiative to respond independently to difficult problems and unexpected situations.
• Have a full, current and valid driving licence (category B)..
• Have the ability to work out of hours on rota system basis, offering Fire Safety advice and support outside of normal working hours (Once fully qualified).
For further requirements please see the attached Job Description & Person Specification.
Additional Information & How to Apply
For further information about the role please contact the hiring manager: Roland Bayley- firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel 07584 480241
Closing Date: 23rd May 2018
Interview Date: W/C 18th June 2018
To apply for this vacancy please click on the ‘Apply’ button.
Our method of application is online, you will also be required to upload a supporting statement of how you meet the essential criteria.
Please note, CV’s should not been submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on email@example.com, including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
For updates on our latest recruitment news and vacancies follow us on https://twitter.com/wccjobs
We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.Supporting documents
Job Description & Person Specification