MPR/UPR + TLR2a (£2,667)
Colebourne Primary School, Stechford Road, Hodge Hill, Birmingham, B34 6BJ
Tel: 0121 675 8500 option 2, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Stuart Guest – Head Teacher
A fantastic opportunity for a teacher to join our happy, successful, caring and hence oversubscribed school as a class teacher and Computing Leader. Our most recent OFSTED inspection graded the school as GOOD overall, with OUTSTANDING Behaviour and Safety of pupils, and OUTSTANDING Leadership and Management.
We are looking for a committed, hard-working, enthusiastic teacher who is able to consistently demonstrate high quality classroom practice and has the ability to effectively support, encourage and motivate others. We are looking for someone who has a passion for Computing and can deliver and lead this subject to a high standard.
The successful candidate will be expected to take up the appointment at the beginning of the Autumn Term 2018. The year group is likely to be lower key stage 2.
In addition to being a class teacher, the successful candidate will be required to:
- Lead Computing and Internet Safety in terms of curriculum, assessments, and monitoring of teaching and learning.
- Lead by example and support the teaching practice of colleagues.
- Ensure high quality safeguarding practices in respect of IT and the computing curriculum.
- Be an active member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- To involve parents, governors and the wider community.
We can offer you:
- A forward thinking school, striving for continual improvement and innovation.
- A welcoming and friendly school with a positive ethos.
- A place to build positive relationships to support and care for children and help meet their needs.
- An exciting and fun curriculum to teach.
- The opportunity for continuing professional development including leadership development and dedicated leadership time.
Closing Date: Friday 18 May 2018, 12 noon
Visits to the school are highly recommended. The following dates are available for prospective candidates to visit the school for a tour and a talk with Mr. Guest:
Friday 11 May, 9am, Monday 14 May, 4.30pm, Wednesday 16 May, 9am and 4pm
To book onto one of the visits or for further details about the vacancy, please contact Colebourne Primary School.
PLEASE NOTE: We will only consider applicants who have completed the school application form and self-disclosure form (available via the school website vacancy section or by contacting the school)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.