Sessional Worker (Fixed Term Contract)
We are currently looking for Sessional Workers who will be required to:
- Assist in the delivery of intervention/reparation packages for young offenders
- Support in the facilitation of group work
- Escort young people around the borough of Sandwell
- Be involved in activities with young people for the purpose of completing project objectives
- Supervise young people, either on a 1-2-1 basis or in small groups whilst undertaking activities as part of their Court Order or Out of Court Disposal
- Accurately record all work undertook with young people and report to an identified YOT Officer
No qualifications are needed for this post but specific skills or areas of expertise such as landscaping, carpentry, horticulture, bricklaying arts and crafts, coaching, mentoring, etc is required.
You must have the:
- Ability to motivate young people to achieve set objectives
- Ability to work alongside two other sessional workers to achieve the objectives of the session
- Ability to accurately record information and work undertaken with all young people
- Experience of working directly with challenging young people in a variety of settings is essential
- Experience in the supervision of young people in small groups is essential
- Experience in dealing with challenging behaviour is essential
- Experience of supervising reparation sessions
This post is fixed term for 6 months.
Hours: 4 hours per week
Closing date: 23rd July 2018
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.Supporting documents