Flood Risk Management Planning and Sustainable Drainage Engineer
The Flood Risk Management Team as LLFA for Warwickshire, are working to reduce the risk of flooding across the county in partnership with communities and other flood risk management authorities on a prioritised basis.
37.0 Hours per Week
The main purpose of this role is to ensure the efficient and effective processing of planning applications from Local Planning Authorities in the County Council’s role as statutory consultee from a flood risk and drainage perspective. In addition, the post holder will assist in responding to applications for Land Drainage Consents, responding to strategic consultations, and advise on enforcement action.
The team is part of the Planning, Development and Flood Risk Management Team, who are also responsible for; the management of Mineral and Waste development; ensuring that the principles and standards of highway design are met; and overseeing the creation of new roads offered for adoption.
• A degree in Engineering, Hydrology or similar discipline or equivalent.
• A chartered member of the Institution of Civil Engineers, Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management or similar organisation, or on the way to becoming a chartered member.
• Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in flood risk management / drainage management and/or land use planning.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the design and construction of drainage and sustainable drainage schemes.
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the administrative, statutory and legal procedures relating to land use planning, land drainage and flood risk management including the responsibilities of the Environment Agency, the Water Companies, District Councils and Internal Drainage Boards.
• Good knowledge of policies, design and maintenance standards in relation to flood risk management and drainage systems on new developments.
Mobility essential. Able-bodied applicants must be able to drive and have a driving licence. Disabled applicants should be able to perform the job with aid, where necessary.
For further information please see the attached Job Description & Person Specification.
Additional Information & How to Apply
If you would like any further information please contact:
Closing Date: 10 June 2018
Interview Date: 18/19 June 2018
To apply for this vacancy please click on the ‘Apply’ button.
Our method of application is online, you will also be required to upload a supporting statement of how you meet the essential criteria.
Please note, CV’s should not been submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org, including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Rewards & Benefits of working for Warwickshire
It really is true that every single job role here at Warwickshire County Council contributes to bettering the lives of the people in our County; we want to do this for our employees, too. We are proud of our strong flexible working culture, including the opportunity for flexibility on working hours, technology to support remote working (such as light laptops and phones where the role allows).
Time to recharge is so important; we provide a generous holiday allowance which rises as you remain in employment with us. You get all Bank and public holidays off, plus all staff are given an extra day of holiday over Christmas.
As if that wasn’t enough, you’ll also have access to membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a host of enhanced family friendly policies and some of the very best Learning and Development training courses to support your ongoing development.
For updates on our latest recruitment news and vacancies follow us on https://twitter.com/wccjobs
We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification