Data and Exams Officer
Data and Exams Officer
£21,932 – 24,992
University of Birmingham School, 12 Weoley Park Road, Selly Oak, Birmingham, B29 6QU
Option to work term time only (plus three weeks in the summer holidays)
Required to start 2 July 2018
The University of Birmingham School opened in September 2015. Our aim is quite simple: to transform the lives of our pupils by raising their aspirations and maximising their potential by accessing the widest possible range of educational opportunities. We want our graduates to go on to make a different to the lives of others as responsible citizens, loving partners and parents, excellent friends and great work colleagues.
Drawing on the world-class facilities, resources and expertise of the University of Birmingham, we offer our pupils a broad and balanced academic curriculum, a focus on character education, and a wide programme of enrichment opportunities delivered through an extended school day.
We are seeking to recruit a talented, experienced and hardworking Data and Exams Officer to undertake the following specific and general duties and responsibilities:-
· To be responsible for the comprehensive management of all data contained with school management information systems, as well as the management of the exams process.
· To be responsible for accurate and timely data entry and maintenance of the data held in the school management information system.
· To monitor and evaluate complex statistical management data including pupil progress and achievement linked to national benchmarks.
· To collate and interpret data for a variety of uses, as directed by the senior leadership team and governors, including, where appropriate, producing relevant reports.
· To work with the leadership team to provide accurate and timely data for teaching staff.
· To identify trends and changes and relate these to the wider School context.
· To use school information management systems alongside other programmes and systems where appropriate.
· To complete relevant data returns, including the school census, to the Department for Education, local authority and Education Funding Agency, as directed by the PA to the Principal or senior leadership team.
· To work with senior staff to build, develop and manage the assessment recording processes and ensure that they work effectively for the School.
· To manage the exams process to ensure the overall smooth running of internal and external examinations, ensuring that all related administration and preparation is undertaken.
· To work with the facilities teams to ensure that examination rooms are set up appropriately.
· With direction from the SENCo, to process access arrangements applications in line with the Joint Council for Qualifications guidelines, and ensure these are appropriately facilitated in all examinations.
· To complete external registrations and entries.
· To collect, and securely store and send completed examination papers to external examination boards.
· To liaise with staff regarding examination entries.
· To liaise with examination boards to ensure the accurate administration of all examinations, including ensuring compliance with examination board rules and coursework requirements
· To disseminate examination information to staff, students and parent/carers, including exam and invigilation timetables, guidelines and results.
· To handle queries about resits and scripts from students and staff.
· To provide reports on examination results for senior leaders, Subject Leaders and teaching staff as required.
· To recruit and train external invigilators and ensure all examinations have appropriate invigilation scheduled.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: Friday 25 May 2018
For full details, please see the Candidate Information Pack available at: https://uobschool.org.uk/vision-ethos/working-here/
For more information about our School, to download Candidate Information Packs or to apply for any of these vacancies, please visit: https://uobschool.org.uk/vision-ethos/working-here/. Please note that only the information provided on the application form will be used to shortlist applicants.
For more information visit: https://uobschool.org.uk/
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.