£17,007 - £19,446 pro rata
Actual Salary - £14,868 - £17,000
Hodge Hill College, Bromford Road, Birmingham, B36 8HB
Tel: 0121 783 7807
36.5 hours per week, term time only
Hodge Hill College is a dynamic and innovative comprehensive school set on a pleasant shared campus. We are forward looking and have the vision and capacity to become an outstanding, vibrant learning community.
An opportunity has arisen for a new finance administrator to join our existing Finance Department. You will be working directly under the supervision of the Finance Manager and Strategic Site and Finance Director, to assist in the provision of a comprehensive financial support service to the school by undertaking a range of financial, administrative and clerical support functions.
We are looking for an exceptional, highly skilled and motivated Finance assistant who has high expectations and is passionate about team success. You must be an outstanding office practitioner, organised and thorough, ensuring all the financial support functions of the schools needs are met in a timely, efficient and effective manner. We are looking for someone who takes pride in the quality of administrative services they will provide. It is important you are an excellent communicator with high levels of emotional intelligence and a strong commitment to working with the wider school team, parents, staff and the school community.
The successful candidate will:
• Support the general administration of the school with particular responsibility finance and administration functions.
• Working under the supervision of the Finance Manager to ensure effective management of financial procedures
• Use financial management systems, including system FMS (SIMS) and IT effectively.
• Be committed and part of the ‘school wide‘ team.
• Bring enthusiasm and energy to their role.
• Be able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
• Be a positive role model in the school.
• Be pro active
• Be confident in tracking and analysing financial data
• Understand the importance of deadlines
• Possess energy, tenacity and enthusiasm
• Reliability and the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines are essential.
• Knowledge of Microsoft packages is essential.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for the role.
Closing Date: Friday 18 May 2018, 12 noon
For further information and an application form, please visit our website: http://www.hodgehill.bham.sch.uk/Vacancies/ or alternatively email:
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
BCC is a Living Wage employer