Prince's Trust Team Leader
Job Title: Prince’s Trust Team Leader
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Grade 5 - £20,661 - £22,658
Contract type: Fixed term contract due to funding, to be reviewed on or before the end of May 2019
Location: The Stoke On-Trent and Staffordshire Safer Communities CIC [Cannock Community Fire Station]
We have vacancy for a Prince’s Trust Team Leader to assist in supporting the Prince’s Trust Programme Team. Please see full Job Description attached.
About the programme:
The Team programme is one of The Trust’s most long-standing and core programmes. It is a full-time 12-week personal development programme for 16 – 25 year olds largely delivered through community work. Its primary aim is to build confidence, motivation and skills to help unemployed young people return to education or move into employment. It is delivered by external Delivery Partners and also directly by Prince’s Trust staff in some areas. It is the Team Leader’s responsibility to deliver the Team programme directly in line with the Toolkit, KPIs and targets.
The Prince’s Trust Vision: Every young person should have the chance to succeed.
The Prince’s Trust Values:
- Approachable – we are open minded and value diversity
- Non-judgemental – we focus on the potential not the past
- Inspiring – we lead by example
- Empowering – we enable positive change
- Passionate – we are absolutely committed to supporting young people
Equality and Diversity:
Safer Communities CIC is committed to ensuring fairness and recognises the need for diversity/inclusion within its recruitment and management of staff.
Responsible for managing own expenses within the financial management guidelines and allocated budget and supporting Prince’s Trust Programme Team to maximise draw down on relevant programme funding contracts whilst keeping expenditure within agreed limits.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Deliver the required number of Teams, ensuring delivery complies with the structured 12-week stages and processes outlined in the Team Toolkit, the Team minimum quality standards, all assessment criteria and any additional contractual obligations.
2. To be prepared to work occasional evenings and weekends if required. In the second week of each programme there is a three or four night residential where there will be a requirement to stay over with other members of staff.
3. Recruit range of young people across target group to achieve appropriate Team mix. Ensure appropriate young people are referred to the Team within agreed timeframes.
4. Progress young people through the programme in line with local budgets, achieving a range of KPI targets including the number of young people recruited; their retention on the programme; and the qualifications and positive outcomes achieved.
5. Write End of Team Reports after each programme and ensure actions to improve the quality of the programme are followed up and completed in good time.
6. Support the implementation of multiple external funding contracts or initiatives (local and national) to ensure requirements and outputs are achieved as advised by the Delivery Partner Manager or The Trust’s Programme Executive.
7. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records, paper and electronic, as required by The Trust or external funding contracts and in line with The Trust’s data protection policy.
8. Compliance with the Delivery Partner’s and The Trust’s policies for working with young people, Recruiting Safely, Safeguarding and Health and Safety and any other operational procedures for direct delivery.
9. Implement action plans to address issues identified in the Team Review, Annual Quality Review and other Quality Assurance processes as outlined in the Toolkit.
10. Attend all necessary internal/external training courses and management/steering group meetings as required including Prince’s Trust initial Team Leader Training course, Risk Management and, if not already held, Food Hygiene and First Aid at Work.
11. Carry out other Team-related duties as may reasonably be required by the Delivery Partner or The Trust, including deputising as appropriate on activities relevant to area of responsibility.
An Enhanced plus Barring DBS Check will be required for this post.
Closing date for receipt of all applications is: Tuesday 29th May 2018
This vacancy is open to both internal and external applicants.
All communication regarding this vacancy will be issued via email, so please check your email account on a regular basis.
James Hettihewa-Young: Prince’s Trust Delivery Partner Manager
Sarah Fynney: HR Business Partner
Phone: 01785 898686Supporting documents