School Counsellor - Telford Langley
Telford Langley School
Term Time only plus 1 week 35hrs per week
SO1: £21,209 - £22,612 (actual salary) (£13.72 - £14.63per hour)
Starting September 2018
The Telford Langley School and The Telford Park School are sponsored by The Community Academies Trust (CAT) which has a track record of achieving and sustaining OUTSTANDING schools. Our approach is based on a fundamental belief that all young people have the talent and the potential to achieve more than they ever thought possible.
Alongside the family of schools, the CAT has established a teaching school which ensures CPD opportunities are abundant for all, no matter what stage of your career you are at.
An exciting opportunity has become available at our state of the art schools. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly-motivated and experienced School Counsellor.
Our ethos of ‘Ensuring Excellence’ is at the forefront of everything that we do. The successful candidate will provide an independent and confidential counselling service to pupils over both The Telford Park and Langley Schools.
Our belief is that every child really does matter and that all of our students should feel engaged, challenged and supported in an environment where they can experience success and enjoy their learning
The successful candidate must have:
- An understanding of the developmental, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young people.
- Experience of working with students demonstrating challenging behaviour or dealing with disadvantaged circumstances.
- The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a developing team.
Please see job description for full details.
We will offer you:
- An extensive CPD programme to nurture and develop your talents at all levels,
- A professional, hard-working and supportive team that works together to create a welcoming, vibrant learning culture inclusive to all,
- Access to a network of successful schools to share best practice and develop career prospects at the highest level.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and all qualifications will be verified.
CLOSING DATE: 9.00am Monday 4th June 2018.
Please return your completed application form via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Mrs Penny Jolley, The Telford Park School, Grange Avenue, Stirchley, Telford, TF3 1FA.Supporting documents
CAT Application Form