English Teacher - Burton Borough
Burton Borough School
MPS/UPS £22,917 - £38,633 pro rata
Required from September 2018
Burton Borough is a vibrant and inclusive mixed Comprehensive School of 1060 students, situated on the Shropshire/ Staffordshire border within the pleasant market town of Newport. Our location provides easy access to/ from Shrewsbury, Stafford, Telford and Wolverhampton. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the school.
For daily updates and to see what we do, follow us on Twitter or Instagram @BurtonBorough
We are seeking to appoint a teacher who:
- Has real enthusiasm for their subject and a commitment to teaching English
- Teaches engaging and challenging lessons that promote students’ abilities to learn independently and to respond effectively to feedback
- Believes that English plays an important role to play in the development of students’ skills, knowledge and understanding
- Is able to contribute to the English team and take an active part in curriculum planning and preparation
- Is able to install in students a love of languages
- Recognises the value of learning beyond the classroom in enhancing the understanding and experience of the world in which we live;
- Is keen to work in a school which is held in high esteem by its parents and who want further to extend this reputation for excellence
- Is prepared to accept and endorse the aims and policies of the school as outlined in the accompanying documentation
- A professional learning culture that is highly focused on developing your teaching craft
- A well-equipped, modern learning environment that includes a new £8 million teaching block
- A strong community ethos built through a small School System, with each School retaining a strong sense of identity
- A ‘stage not age’ attitude to career development opportunities
- A school that provides rich opportunities for extra-curricular activities including the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme, team sports, dramatic performances and an internationally acclaimed School Band
For further information, please visit our website at www.burtonborough.org.uk, or telephone 01952 386500 or email the Principal's PA at email@example.com
Closing Date: 12 noon Monday 21 May 2018
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 23rd May and Thursday 24th May 2018.
Candidate Information Pack.