Experienced Social worker
We are looking for experienced children's social workers to help improve the lives of children and young people in Worcestershire.
- Salary up to £40,136 + £3,000 one-off welcome payment*
- Relocation package worth up to £10,000*.
- Social Work Academy – you will be able to access professional and career progression development through our academy.
- Great flexible and mobile working options.
Salary includes market forces payment and annual retention payment. Welcome and annual retention payments, and relocation package are subject to eligibility criteria.
This is an exciting time to join Worcestershire County Council. With a service improvement plan in place that gives a clear commitment to ensuring that we have the right capacity, capability and corporate environment for our workforce. We are looking to set high standards for social work practice and to develop outcome focused high quality services to children and families. We will ensure that children and families in Worcestershire are effectively supported to reach their full potential. We will achieve this by strong partnerships that ensure safeguarding remains the highest priority for children and young people. We listen to the voice of the child, young person and their families, understand their ‘lived experience’ and their needs and work together to agree how these needs will be met with the right help and support at the right time.
We currently have a number of opportunities in our:
- Assessment, Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) and Intervention Service which ensures children, young people and their families receive timely responses, assessment and interventions undertaken by one social worker. This provides consistency for everyone and ensures our practitioners really get to know the families they are working with. You will be based with and work alongside partner agencies including West Mercia Police, Health, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), Adult Safeguarding, Homeless Intervention Teams and Emergency Duty Team in our Front Door Service.
- Locality Safeguarding Teams undertaking case management working alongside children who need support via a Child In Need Plans, Child Protection Plans, court intervention and/or children who are looked after. The locality safeguarding teams work with children in need of support, protection and permanency. We work closely with children, their family and carers and our partner agencies which include Education, Health, mental health professionals, voluntary agencies and the Police to ensure the best outcomes for children and young people in Worcestershire.
- Looked after Children's Teams working alongside children and young people who live with foster carers, kinship carers or in residential placements. We support children and young people to reach their full potential by working with the child as well as their family and a variety of professionals in the county or around the country depending on placement to support our children.
To apply, you must be a qualified Social Worker, registered with HCPC, and have significant post qualification experience of working as a social worker. To be successful, you will need to demonstrate that you can manage a full and complex workload to a high standard.
To find out more about working for us please visit our website. For an informal discussion about the opportunity, please contact the Social Work Recruitment Team on 01905 84 6666.
To apply, send your CV and a supporting statement setting out why you are a suitable candidate to email@example.com. Please tell us where you saw this vacancy.