Clerical Assistant (Horton Lodge Community Special School)
Horton Lodge School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Clerical Assistant from June 2018 or soon thereafter. Horton Lodge School is a primary school for children with physical disabilities and allied needs, including learning, communication, sensory and medical.
The Governing Body of Horton Lodge is seeking to appoint a part time Clerical Assistant to work Thursday and Friday, from 8.45am to 3.45pm (13 hours per week). The post is advertised at Grade 1 term time only (SCP 6-7 £16,394-£16,495 pro-rata).
- Undertake reception duties, answer routine telephone and face-to-face enquiries and sign in visitors
- Assist with pupil welfare duties; liaise with parents/staff etc
- Assist in arrangements for school trips and events
- Record and provide attendance information and key information to staff
- Provide general clerical/administrative support e.g. photocopying, filing and emailing
- Maintaining the school website
- Provide administrative support for pupil’s education health care plans, including arranging review meetings
- Assisting in ensuring the key safeguarding procedures are followed.
The successful candidate will undertake duties detailed in Job Profile J1573 for a Grade 1 Clerical Assistant.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to visit Horton Lodge School prior to submitting their application. Please contact Emma Clayton to arrange a visit via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application packs are available online or from the school. Further details of the post can be requested by email to email@example.com or by calling the school office on 01538 306214. Your application should consist of an Application Form, Recruitment Monitoring Form and an accompanying letter (no more than an A4 page) detailing your skills, knowledge, suitability and experience in relation to the job description and person specification.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 4th June 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 6th June 2018