Technical Delivery Manager
5 days left
Are you ready to make a real difference to citizens of the West Midlands?
Join our team and be at the heart of UK Policing’s most ambitious technology transformation - use your combined technical understanding and project management skills to ensure the successful delivery of the technical elements on an exciting range of projects.
As a Technical Delivery Manager you will be working within the Delivery Management function of IT & Digital alongside a committed and enthusiastic team of developers and analysts. You will play a key role in existing governance processes and provide departmental representation at Project Board level. Your status reports, provided to the Head of Delivery Management, will play a key role in the management of risk and stakeholders.
We'd really welcome your application if:
- You have experience and a proven track record of delivering medium to large scale technical implementations
- You possess formal project management qualifications or relevant experience
- You have worked on the delivery of projects that have followed an Agile delivery model
- You have experience of working with 3rd party suppliers, contractors and partner agencies.
The community we serve within the West Midlands is fantastically diverse. West Midlands Police is an equal opportunities employer, meaning we value diversity and shape our workforce to best match and reflect the people we serve. You will be part of an already incredibly diverse and balanced team in terms of skill sets, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status and ethnic background.
The strong team ethos helps us deliver on our departmental mission statement in "Enabling WMP to serve our communities through innovative and empowering technology."
Must demonstrate proven experience and ability to:
- Managing medium to large-scale complex and/or high risk projects;
- Managing multiple work-streams;
- Managing multi-skilled teams operating in a matrix management environment;
- Managing senior stakeholders including SROs, Executive Teams;
- Programme and Change Management methodologies, techniques and tools desirable.
- Understanding of delivery methodologies, particularly Agile and Waterfall methodology.
- Understanding of the ITIL framework;
- Understanding of project management methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2).
- Project Management (scoping, planning and execution);
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Risk and Issue management;
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicts (people and tasks);
- Networking, engagement, persuasion, influencing and communications skills;
- Written, oral and presentations skills;
- Ability to show tact and diplomacy managing sensitive issues in a discreet manner;
- Strategically aware with the ability to see the ‘bigger picture’ but able to translate and describe in detailed plan form;
- Leadership and people management skills;
- Commercial acumen;
- Ability to build effective collaborative relationships with a wide range of professionals within and around West Midlands Police;
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary and multi-agency groups to achieve the optimum outcome for all parties.
LLOYD HOUSE PO BOX 52, COLMORE CIRCUS, QUEENSWAY
BIRMINGHAM B4 6NQ
: West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner
Minimum Salary:£39,522 Maximum Salary:£46,422