32.5 Hours per Week
Support for Students:
- Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom, encourage them to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all in activities.
- Monitor and provide for the care, safety and welfare of pupils.
- Support students in small groups and 1:1.
- Support homework club.
Support to Teaching Staff:
- Provide cover supervision when the teacher responsible for the class is absent on short-term absence (which may be planned or unplanned). Cover supervision involves:
- Supervising a whole class to undertake set work/activities and can include introducing and closing the class.
- Maintaining good order and managing behaviour constructively.
- Promotion of self-control and independence.
- Keeping pupils on task as necessary.
- Responding appropriately to questions raised by pupils.
- Collecting any completed work and returning it to the appropriate teacher.
- Dealing with immediate problems and emergencies in accordance with the school’s policies.
- Reporting back on progress and behaviour of pupils during the class and any issues arising.
- Well organized?
- A team player?
- A good communicator?
- Passionate about Church School Education?
- Want to encourage students to access their potential?
- Share the joy of learning?
Additional Information & How to Apply
Harris C of E Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
To apply please complete MAT application form and equality form and send to email@example.com before the closing date.
Closing Date: 17 Jun 2018Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification