Teacher of Computer Science
Teacher of Computer Science (full time or part time)
Required for September 2018
Do you want to be part of our highly innovative, driven and ambitious organisation with a clear vision for achieving success?
If so, why not come and visit our school and see what we have to offer? This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic, inspirational and highly motivated professional to join our newly formed Technology Faculty at one of the highest performing schools in Tamworth and North Warwickshire. This position would suit a professional in any stage of their teaching career. Our Technology team is committed to consistently doing their best for our students, by raising standards and offering tailored enrichment experiences to give them exceptional life chances. The successful candidate would be part of a new team comprising of the Technology subjects, Art and Computer Science. With the recent appointment of a new and aspirational leader of Technology and this combination of subjects, new developments and innovative strategies are already making this an exciting part of our school.
The successful applicant will:
- Be able to teach Computer Science to Key Stage 3 and 4.
- Be a dynamic and innovative practitioner with a passion for learning and teaching and a desire to ensure that the quality of learning is great.
- Be an aspirational teacher with a desire to achieve the very best outcomes for our students.
- Have excellent knowledge in Computer Science.
- Be willing to contribute to learning and teaching developments in the faculty.
- Have an ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students.
- Be a committed, highly competent, energised, reflective and resilient individual.
- Possess the skills and determination to make a profound difference to the lives of our students by sharing our belief in the highest standards of academic achievement in an inclusive setting.
We pride ourselves on:
- Our success and drive in helping students achieve their full potential in Technology – 63% A*-C in Food Technology; 100% A*-C in Textiles and 92% A*-C in Health and Social Care. Outcomes in ICT include 50% A*-C.
- Having well-resourced Technology rooms and equipment, including laptops. The successful candidate will teach in a well resourced and air conditioned Computer Suite.
- Being an oversubscribed and popular school with specialist status, located close to the M42 and M6, in easy reach of Birmingham, Staffordshire, South Derbyshire, Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
- Being a highly innovative, driven, inspirational and ambitious organisation with a clear vision for achieving success.
- Being part of the Castle Phoenix Trust and its associated teaching school. This facilitates an opportunity to play to your strengths and provide excellent collaboration between colleagues and leaders, access to effective CPD and the chance to develop professionally.
- Strong professional mentor support and subject development for professionals embarking on their teaching career.
- Our strong commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition, and a range of benefits which include cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, free parking, an employee discount scheme, an Ipad or laptop and access to the on-site swimming pool.
We are committed to effective learning, teaching, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Application forms available direct from the school, from the school website www.kingsburyschool.co.uk or from HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk. Application forms are to be returned to HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk.
Closing date: Tuesday 22nd May 2018 at 12pm
Interview date: Thursday 24th May 2018