Nursery Teacher required for September 2018.
Location: Bedworth Heath Nursery School with the flexibility to also be deployed to work at Atherstone Nursery School.
Bedworth Heath operates within a hard federation model with Atherstone Nursery School. This includes a shared leadership team and Governing body. Staff are contracted to work at either site.
Our new Nursery teacher, will be appointed for three days each week (0.6 fte). The successful applicant will support our Head of School to lead and develop practice. Bedworth Heath admits up to 120 pupils aged 2 to 4 years 11 months. Our Pupils have a wide range of abilities and we take a holistic approach to supporting both children and families.
Our vision statement: ‘You make the difference, Today, Tomorrow, Together’ includes children, families, practitioners and the wider community.
We can offer:
• Friendly, supportive and highly motivated staff, we operate as a family and everyone contributes
• Exceptional practice and a strong commitment to raising standards
• Opportunities to contribute to the future development of our School & Teaching School (Warwickshire Teaching School Alliance)
• Excellent opportunities to build experience leading to career progression
• Opportunities to develop leadership skills under the guidance of the Head of Federation and the Head of School
The post would suit a more experienced teacher with three years or more post qualifying experience.
Please respond the essential and desirable criteria in the person specification. Invitation to interview will be based upon candidates meeting the essential criteria as a minimum.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• A passion and commitment to the principles which underpin high quality early years education, demonstrating excellent knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and welfare requirements
• An outstanding record as a classroom practitioner with a clear understanding of the developmental needs of young children
• Be flexible in their approach to teaching and have the ability to plan and deliver, creative and stimulating lessons
• The ability to create a stimulating, engaging and challenging learning environment in which children thrive
• An understanding of and willingness to contribute to our work as a teaching school
• The ability to support and inspire the support staff team to sustain outstanding practice
• Show commitment to raising standards with high expectations for achievement and behaviour for all pupils
• Show a commitment to working effectively as part of a team within the whole school community
• Sound emotional and physical resilience with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and juggle competing demands
Additional Information & How to Apply
Bedworth Heath Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed on: Monday 21st May 2018 1.00 pm to 5.00 pm or Tuesday 22nd May, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
To arrange a visit, please contact the School Office: 02476 364188. If you wish to know more about the role please ask to speak to Amanda King: Head of Federation or Nicci Burton: Head of School. You can also contact us via email at: email@example.com
Interviews will be held at the School on: Monday 18th June 2018.
Candidates invited to interview will be with us for several hours.
Interview activities include: completing a written task, leading a small mixed ability group time with a focus on ‘sustained, shared thinking’. Interacting with staff and children, as well as a face to face interview with senior leaders and Governors.
To apply please send completed application form and equality form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
Closing Date: 04 Jun 2018
If you require further information please contact:
Amanda King, Head of Federation, BHNS, Glebe Avenue, Bedworth tel; 024 7636 4188 email@example.com
Information for Visitors