Required to work on various vehicle types including fire appliances, large rescue vehicles, smaller response vehicles, cars, vans, all-terrain vehicles and rescue boats, as well as supporting operational incidents.
Starting salary £26,470 rising to £28,221 per annum
Salary above is Scale S01, plus a guaranteed allowance of £991 and on call allowance up to £5,644 per annum
Do you want to form part of our team of mechanics working on operational fire appliances and specialist vehicles? This role really makes a difference, and ensures that we provide first class firefighting and rescue operations around the clock for our communities within Hereford & Worcester. Based at Malvern in our modern workshop facilities, you will also be required to work remotely at our fire stations across both counties, to maintain our fleet of vehicles and equipment.
We will consider applications from time served LGV and PSV mechanics and will provide additional training as required for the more specialist aspects of the role.
We are ideally looking for:
- Preferably a recognised industry qualification, City & Guilds certificate in Repair and Maintenance of Large Goods Vehicles/Public Service Vehicles – Part 1 and 2 (or equivalent).
- Preferably a Large Goods Vehicle driving license (Class C).
- Recent experience of HGV/LGV Inspecting Servicing, repairs and maintenance.
- Ideally you will have recent vehicle diagnostic experience.
- Desirable to have experience in dealing with clients and internal customers.
- Experience of Scania vehicles and light vehicles would also be an advantage.
- Flexible working practices for an average 37hr week Monday to Friday, with a one weekend in four on-call rota.
- 23 days annual leave rising to 28 after 5 years plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Local government pension scheme, sickness benefits, provided tools and workwear clothing are also part of the package.
- You will also be trained to maintain operational Fire Service equipment and will work closely with operational Firefighters.
- You will receive on the job training and continual professional development, including Large Goods Vehicle licence (Class C) if not already held.
HWFRS is fully committed to meeting its duties under the Equality Act 2010. We value equality of opportunity and developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. We encourage everyone who has the necessary skills and experience to apply.
For an informal discussion please contact Richard Leonard or Jeff Dickson on 01684 898710. We would also like to offer any interested applicants a site tour of our workshops in Malvern.
Closing date midnight on Sunday 3rd June 2018