Classroom Teacher SLD/PMLD specialism - Walton Hall Academy
The Shaw Education Trust is a Multi Academy Trust which opened on the 1st October 2014. It is a fast growing Trust and well regarded locally.
We are seeking to appoint
An outstanding classroom teacher
SLD/ PMLD specialism
Full Time, permanent post
32.50 hours per week
Walton Hall Academy
The Academy Council are seeking to appoint an inspiring individual who will share the academy’s ethos and aspirations and has the skills and vision to build on our current successes and achievements.
Walton Hall Academy is a highly-regarded special academy within
The Shaw Education Trust. The academy is currently rated to be a good school by Ofsted with an outstanding residential provision.
Located just outside of Eccleshall, Staffordshire, Walton Hall Academy is set in a rural setting with extensive grounds and amazing facilities including a garden centre, motor vehicle department and school farm.
Our Academy benefits from supportive and dedicated academy councillors, staff and parents. We are proud of our rich curriculum that has been developed to provide an exciting education for the pupils. We are a generic special school catering for the needs of secondary students up to the age of 19. Our students have a range of learning difficulties.
We are seeking an outstanding, skilled and inspirational classroom practitioner with the ability to deliver the highest quality education through a dynamic curriculum to a group of students with complex learning difficulties. Applications are welcome from both NQTs and experienced teachers.
Expectations are that the successful applicant will:
- Set the highest standards for themselves and students
- Be an outstanding, positive and inspirational practitioner
- Have highly effective communication skills and a commitment to a collaborative, team approach
- Have excellent subject knowledge of the curriculum and new developments
- Work well in partnership with parents, governors & other stakeholders
- Work within & embrace the ethos of the Academy and The Shaw Education Trust
In return, Walton Hall Academy can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with a staff team of positive, enthusiastic and skilled teachers
- Excellent resources and an attractive working environment
- Fantastic students who are eager and ready to learn
- A supportive academy sponsor with a clear and strong vision
- An opportunity to work in collaboration with other Shaw Education Trust Academies
Candidates are encouraged and are welcome to visit the Academy. Please telephone on 01785 850420 and speak to Amanda Cameron, Academy Principal or Sarah Harris, HR & Finance Assistant
The salary range for this post will be dependent on experience and qualifications. In addition an SEN Allowance of £2106.00 per annum will also be paid.
This post is available for September 2018
Application Packs are available from:
HR & Finance Assistant, Walton Hall Academy, Stafford Road, Eccleshall, Stafford, ST21 6JR [Tel 01785 850420]
On the Academy’s website: www.waltonhall.set-mat.co.uk
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd May 2018 at 12 noon
Applications received after this time will not be accepted. CV’s WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. NO AGENCIES
Interviews will be held on Friday 25th May 2018.
The Shaw Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.crb.gov.uk