£17,007 - £19,446 pro rata (actual salary £15,522 - £18,140)
Hall Green School (An Academy), Southam Road, Hall Green, Birmingham, B28 OAA
Permanent full-time, term time + 2 Weeks
We are seeking a Finance Assistant to join our busy Finance department. This role is full-time working 36.5 hours per week, term-time plus 2 weeks. We hope to appoint for September 2018.
Hall Green School is an 11-16 Academy, co-educational and ethnically diverse. We are a
popular and heavily oversubscribed institution, described by Ofsted (2016) as ‘a caring, nurturing and inclusive culture’ where the attitudes and behaviour of students are ‘positive, leading to a calm and purposeful learning environment.’
We are looking for a colleague to be responsible for:
- Banking of cash/cheques and maintenance of appropriate financial records as required.
- Raising orders, entering delivery notes, invoices and income onto computerised financial system.
- Ensuring suppliers are paid on time.
- Ensuring that the principle of best value is applied when placing orders.
- Overseeing and maintaining whole school stationery stock.
- Providing support and assistance with the month end and year end monitoring and procedures including relevant supporting documents.
- Working within the parameters of schools’ financial procedure regulations and the Academies Financial Handbook.
Closing Date: Monday 4 June 2018, 12 noon
Please note that all applicants must complete the schools application form only. Any other form of application or CV’s alone will not be accepted.
Interviews will take place: Week commencing Monday 11 June 2018
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.