Housing Solutions Officer
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is a small Council with big values. We are committed to ensuring our services are delivered to the highest possible standard and we put the customer at the forefront of everything we do. By working for us you will become part of the team and will play your part in serving our community.
We are currently recruiting for 3 positions within our newly restructured Housing Solutions Team. We require 3 Housing Solutions Officers to join a busy service unit, in order to effectively deliver the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
If being non-judgmental, customer focussed, committed to working with vulnerable people to resolve their housing or housing related problems sounds like you, then this may be the job for you!
Housing Solutions Officer
• To deliver an excellent Housing Solutions Service designed around customer requirements, and within the context of the principles set out by the council for developing a stronger, safer, healthier and sustainable borough.
• To be a key point of contact for service users and stakeholders. Ensuring that all services are to standards agreed with partners and customers.
• To deliver the Councils statutory obligations under the Housing Act 1996, Part V11, Homelessness Act 2002 and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
The primary and essential requirements for the role include:-
• Recent and relevant experience of working in a public sector service or housing related environment, and of dealing directly with members of the public.
• Experience in contributing to partnership and multi-agency work.
• The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• A qualification equivalent to Grade A-C in English/Maths and willing to work toward or already hold an appropriate housing qualification at Level 2.
• An ability to use IT packages competently and an awareness of data protection regulations.
• Knowledge of the Homelessness legislation, particularly the 2002 Homelessness Act, in addition to the new 2017 Homelessness Reduction Act.
Further essential requirements are detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification.
Applications are welcome from previous applicants.
Closing date – 30 May 2018
Interview date - Tentatively Monday 8th June
As an employer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council offers a wide range of benefits, including flexible working, Local Government Pension Scheme, generous holiday allowance and childcare vouchers.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council Values.pdf
Job Description & Person Specification.pdf