After School Club Assistant - High Ercall Primary
High Ercall Primary School
Tel: 01952 387570
AFTER SCHOOL CLUB ASSISTANT required
PAYSCALE: point 11 (£8.82 per hour)
SALARY: £3,820 - £3,959
HOURS: 2 hours each day 3.15 – 5.15pm, (term time only) with potential for an additional 45 minutes each day until 6.00pm – DEPENDENT ON BOOKINGS.
Terms: FIXED TERM – 1 YEAR
To Start: september 2018
Main Purpose of the Post:
To work under the instruction/guidance of the After School Club Supervisor and Headteacher and undertake the daily supervision of children within the After School Club, developing and maintaining high standards throughout to ensure the welfare of the children.
We are looking for someone who has:
- The ability to work alongside existing staff in the After School Club, providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for children.
- A Paediatric First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain.
- A Food Hygiene qualification or willingness to obtain.
- Skills relating to cleaning and maintaining a good standard of cleanliness in a classroom environment.
- Effective communication skills to be able to inform, persuade, inspire and motivate children.
- Knowledge and experience of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health & safety, security, equal opportunities and confidentiality.
- Prior experience in a childcare setting.
Further details can be found by clicking on the links below alternatively you can contact the school for the job description, person specification and application form.
Closing date: Friday 8th June – 3.00pm
Interview date: Thursday 14th June - pm
High Ercall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. The Headteacher, Sarah Roberts, and Mel Ward, vice Chair of the Governors have both completed Safer Recruitment Training. One or both of these will be involved in the recruitment process.
The post is subject to an enhanced disclosure.
Due to system maintenance on Saturday 19th May 2018, WMJobs candidate homepage and online application process will NOT be accessible during this time.