To be part of a rostered team operating between 0800-1900hrs, 7 days a week providing a specialised customer service function responding to repair enquiries from council tents and leaseholders. Also to
provide and support the wider Council’s “Out of Hours” emergency service.
Hours: 37 per week
To receive calls from tenants wishing to report or enquire about housing repairs.
• To take follow up action in respect of calls received liaising with contractors and depots.
• Refer/advise Team managers of any unusual /complex enquiries or calls.
• Act as point of contact for on-site staff/managers and maintain a log of their whereabouts both for safety and workload management reasons, including taking and referring back messages on their behalf.
• Carry out quality control checks and surveys of customers opinions on a range of housing services, and in particular those related to the repair function.
• Receive repair requests from tenants; diagnose the fault, using knowledge and software applications and take prompt and appropriate action in accordance with policies, procedures and instructions.
• Respond to any enquiry, including making appropriate referrals to other Housing or Council services or officers.
• Negotiate appointments where appropriate for engineer, officer and contractor visits
• To undertake customer service duties and to liaise with service users, departmental colleagues and all other agencies.
• Respond to “Out of Hours” emergency calls for repairs to public buildings, schools and other Council premises taking prompt and appropriate action in accordance with procedures and instructions.
Proven working experience within a Contact Centre environment.
Proven experience from a service user perspective of Telecommunications/Information Technology systems.
Experience of working in a pressurised environment
Experience of using computer packages including Windows.
For further information please contact Graham Bishop on 01384 813854 or email email@example.com
NB. We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/