2 x Teaching Assistant Additional Needs - St Peter's CofE Primary School, Caverswall
St Peter’s Primary
Headteacher: Mrs Sarah George
Tel/Fax: 01782 393118
TEACHING ASSISTANT - 2 part time positions
- Grade 4 – Teaching Assistant Additional Needs
- Term time only:
- 1 x position at 25 hrs a week 9:00-12am 1-3:00pm
- 1 x position at 27.5hrs a week 8:45-12am 1-3:15pm
- Temporary until July 31st 2019 with possibility of the job extending beyond that.
- Required 1st September 2018
- Relevant qualifications see attached job description.
- Working 1-1 with a boy in Y1 with a range of difficulties including communication and interaction, behavioral responses and speech and language needs.
- Provide pastoral support to pupils within the school environment.
- Receive and supervise pupils excluded from, or otherwise not working to, a normal timetable.
- Attend to pupils’ personal needs and provide advice to assist in their social, health and hygiene development.
- Participate in the comprehensive assessment of pupils to determine those in need of particular help.
- Support provision for pupils with additional needs.
- Develop 1:1 mentoring arrangements with pupils and provide support for distressed pupils.
- Provide feedback to pupils and teachers in relation to progress, achievement, behaviour, attendance etc.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed - please ring 01782 393118 or email email@example.com to arrange a suitable time.
Complete the application form together with a letter of application outlining strengths and experiences. Submit by email, post or by hand to school by noon Thursday 24th May 2018
If you have are contacted please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.