Head of Chemistry
Head of Chemistry
MPR/UPR + TLR 2 £6513
Required September 2018
Bishop Vesey’s Grammar School
Lichfield Road, Sutton Coldfield, B74 2NH
Do you want an exciting opportunity to lead the Chemistry Department in one of Britain’s top state schools? Judged OUTSTANDING in all aspects by OFSTED in October 2014, we are seeking a dynamic and inspirational leader and teacher to lead our Chemistry provision and rise to the challenge of building on success. You will have the ability to engage, enthuse and motivate able pupils, be passionate about learning and be able to demonstrate a range of behaviour management strategies and teaching skills. You will possess excellent communication skills to teach throughout the age range including A level and will have the vision and determination to ensure all our students receive a first class education. You will be leading a department which:
- Delivers some outstanding outcomes for young people and is hungry for further success. Exam results for 2017 are 76% A*-B (A level) and 73% A*-A (GCSE)
- Has a friendly, supportive, talented hard-working teaching team
- Has a strong commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school
In return we can offer:
- The opportunity to work with highly motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic students
- Commitment to continuing professional career development and support
- The opportunity to work in a caring and nurturing environment and to get involved in a broad spectrum of extra-curricular activities
If you are interested in working at the leading edge of education, believe that everyone can succeed and are prepared to work hard, we want to hear from you.
Informal visits and enquiries are welcome by contacting Michele Wallis, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0121-250 5400. Alternatively please contact Russell Bowen, Deputy Headteacher on 0121-250 5406 for an informal discussion regarding this post.
Closing Date: Monday 21 May 2018 at 12 noon.
Interviews: Wednesday 23 May 2018.
For further details and an application pack please visit our website: www.bvgs.co.uk
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.