Playworker - St Peter's CofE Primary School, Caverswall
St Peter’s Primary
Headteacher: Mrs Sarah George
Tel/Fax: 01782 393118
- Grade 3 – Playworker
- Term time only – 32.5hrs a week – 8:30am-12:30pm 1:00-3:30pm
- Temporary until July 31st 2019 with possibility of the job being made permanent.
- Start date 1st September
- Relevant qualifications for working in EYFS are required.
• Help plan a range of suitable activities for children with an age range of 3 - 4 on a half-termly basis.
• Treating all children as individuals and to have a secure knowledge and understanding of their needs while they are within our care.
• Motivating and encouraging the children to participate in activities.
• Helping to promote the children’s self esteem.
• Encouraging acceptance of children with special needs.
• Ensure a clean, tidy environment conducive to fostering good Health and Safety practice.
• Follow statutory and non-statutory policies and procedures required for the efficient running of the provision.
• Support Play Leader in maintaining Ofsted standards of care.
• To help prepare nutritional snacks for children.
• Ensuring the welfare and safety of children within our care.
• Promoting good behaviour within the group.
• To be ready at all times for emergency situations.
• Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or come into contact with.
• Comply and assist with the development of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Be aware of, support and ensure equal opportunities for all.
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
• Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals.
• Attend and participate in regular meetings.
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
• Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others.
At St Peter’s the life and teachings of Jesus Christ are at the heart of our school. Here pupils are valued, cared for and developed to their fullest potential; spiritually, intellectually and physically. The nurturing environment encourages and challenges the pupils to be creative, responsible, tolerant and have a love of learning to become citizens of the World who contribute to society.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed - please ring 01782 393118 or email email@example.com to arrange a suitable time.
Complete the application form together with a letter of application outlining strengths and experiences. Submit by email, post or by hand to school by noon Thursday 24th June 2018.
If you have are contacted please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.