Children Services Team Managers
Children Services Team Managers
Are you someone who wants to join a leadership team who are committed and highly motivated in delivering the best service outcomes for Children and Young People in Worcestershire? If so keep on reading…
This is an exciting time to join Worcestershire Council. With a service improvement plan in place that gives a clear commitment to ensuring that we have the right capacity, capability and corporate environment for our workforce.
We are looking to set high standards for social work practice and to develop outcome focused high quality services to children and families, ensuring that they are effectively supported to reach their full potential.
We are also creating a wholly owned company to take operational responsibility for delivering children's social care including targeted services. The Company's sole focus will be improving services and outcomes for children and young people in Worcestershire, which includes enabling staff to perform to the best of their ability.
The ambition being, at the point of transferring services into the new Company in April 2019, the Service will be performing well and the Company will have a positive platform in which to sustain the improvement.
You will manage a small team of social work staff, have the help of dedicated administrative support and have access to a team of Advanced Social Work Practitioners, providing you with the opportunity to drive forward and influence our improvement plan.
You will need to demonstrate that you have considerable experience of working with looked after children and young people. Your experience will include working in a statutory social care setting, including those in need of safeguarding.
Predominately working out of our County Hall Campus, Worcester
Basic Salary up to £46,011 per annum plus a one off 'Welcome Payment' of £3,000 and an annual 'Retention Payment' of up to £3,000.
37 hours per week
Our current vacancies are in the following teams:
- Family Front Door
- Locality Safeguarding Team:
- Wyre Forest & Bromsgrove
- Redditch & Wychavon
Family front door
Initial screening and contact team
This team is based in Wildwood, Worcestershire and is the central point for all referrals about children and young people. The team makes decisions on the needs of children and young people and liaises with professionals and members of the public. The team also works closely with partner agencies based in the safeguarding hub sharing information and taking part in domestic abuse triage and MASH case discussions. This team covers the whole of Worcestershire and is office based.
The initial assessment teams
There are three teams who work as pod's taking referrals from the initial screening team and carrying out the section 17 social work assessments, strategy discussions and section 47 enquiries. This team is a short term team that holds cases for the duration of the assessment, identifying needs and ensuring children get the right responses. They hold cases up until the initial child protection conference, first CIN meeting or step down to early help. The team will accommodate children in emergencies and issue care proceedings on any immediate need for protection.
These teams have Wildwood as the central point next to the initial screening and contact team but the social workers are out in the community and use mobile hubs to work from.
Locality Safeguarding Teams
There are 19 safeguarding locality teams in Worcestershire. There is a central office in Worcester and office bases across the county to work from. The role of the teams is to work alongside children in need of support, children subject to child protections plans and children's object to care proceedings. The role incorporates close partnership working with a multitude of agencies such as Schools, Health and the Police and most importantly, directly alongside children and their families.
What can Worcestershire offer you?
- A one off 'Welcome' Payment of £3,000 on appointment plus you could also benefit from our Retention Payment scheme (up to £3,000 paid annually in November). Both payments are subject to eligibility criteria and terms and conditions apply.
- Worcestershire has signed up to 'Signs of Safety'. Training for staff commenced last Autumn.
- Flexible and mobile working, with supporting technology, enabling you to work from a range of office bases, touch points and home.
- On-going induction and capabilities training, professional development opportunities,
- Worcestershire Social Work Academy, Team Managers Induction and Development Programme, monthly supervision, and a warm, supportive working environment where we value your contribution and staff value each other.
- An allowance of up to £10,000 to eligible recruits who need to move home as a result of accepting an appointment. You could receive help towards removal expenses, legal fees, estate agents' fees, disturbance expenses and additional accommodation costs.
So what next?:
If you would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail, please contact:
- Emma Brittain, Group Manager Family Front Door - 01905 845874
- Adam Johnston, Group Manager Safeguarding Locality Team (Redditch & Wychavon - 01905 845660
- Maria White, Group Manager Safeguarding Locality Team (Worcester & Malvern) 01905 846009
How do I apply?
Applications can be submitted online or by sending a copy of your up to date CV and an expression of interest detailing your skills, abilities, experience and achievements to date that make you a suitable candidate for the post.(2 sides A4 max) to firstname.lastname@example.org
In applying, if you are interested in a particular role and/or area then please indicate this. Alternatively if you have not particular preference, or would like to be considered for any role then again, please just indicate this in applying.
Closing Date: Sunday 17th June 2018
Interview Date: Thursday 28th June 2018