Teaching Assistant to Support a Child with SEN - TV15718
Teaching Assistant to support a child with SEN
G4 SCP 16-21
17.5 hours per week (8.45 am- 12.15pm each weekday)
£7300 - £8186 (actual salary)
and 6 hours supporting the child at dinner times
SCP 6-9 £2240-£2289.
Required as soon as possible. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed teaching assistant to support an individual child with complex needs in Year 5. The contract is temporary as it is linked to the child with SEN and is term-time only.
Our team is strong and experienced and our curriculum innovative.
You will need.
- An extensive knowledge of Makaton;
- Experience of working with children with speech and language needs;
- The ability to adapt learning and planning to meet a child’s specific needs;
- The ability to assess and record;
- To be willing to undertake personal care needs;
- To be able to communicate effectively with the child, parents, colleagues and outside agencies;
- To establish good working relationships with the teacher, SENCo and outside agencies;
- To develop your own personal practice;
- NVQ level 2 qualification or equivalent (minimum)
- Experience of teaching Big Maths would be an advantage
We can offer you
- A great team of hardworking colleagues
- Outstanding children who are keen to learn
- Supportive parents and governors
- Opportunities for professional development
For an application pack please E-mail: email@example.com or from Monday 4th June, contact Leighswood School, Broadmeadow, Aldridge, Walsall, WS9 8HZ. Tel 01922 743621
Last date for receipt of completed application forms 3.30pm on Friday 8th June. Interviews will be held during the following week.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.