Casual Catering Assistant
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist with the preparation of and service of all meals and refreshments as determined by the Head Chef and Catering Manager.
- To assist with the preparation of the dining rooms and kitchen ready for service.
- To ensure the safe service of all meals and drinks.
- To ensure the kitchen and dining rooms are cleaned and maintained to a high standard during and after service.
- To wash up, dry and store crockery, cutlery, glasses, pots, pans and utensils in a safe and hygienic manner.
- To sweep, mop, wipe and clean floors, walls, tables and all kitchen surfaces and equipment.
- To comply with Statutory Regulations pertaining to the safe and hygienic operation of the kitchen as directed by the Catering Manager, including the maintenance of records.
- To assist in ensuring the physical security of the kitchen, food stores and catering office at all times.
- To carry out any other reasonable requests by the Catering Manager, Executive Head Chef, Head of Operations or Senior Members of Staff.
- To comply with School Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- To assist other members of staff generally and contribute to the overall ethos and aims of the School.
- To participate in training and performance development as required.
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Shows integrity and discretion
- Has a sense of humour and remains calm under pressure
- Good communicator
- Pleasant and courteous manner
- An appreciation of cleanliness and hygiene standards and a basic knowledge of Health & Safety at Work requirements
- An appreciation of the importance and value of a service culture
Additional Information & How to Apply
Warwick Independent Schools Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Should you wish to apply for this role please complete both parts of the application form shown below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the HR department on 01926 735413.
Closing date is 4th June 2018.Supporting documents