Social Worker - Care Management
Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children and families?
Do you have previous experience in Social work and have worked within a similar setting?
If so, we are now recruiting for Social Workers and are looking for individuals just like you!
We are on the lookout for talented Social Workers to join our team, whether you specialise in Care Management, Front Door, Looked After Children or have experience across all of these areas. We support our social workers to undertake creative methods of intervention to ensure the voice of the child is at the centre of service development. Vulnerable children and families have a voice and their views will impact on how the service is shaped.
We believe that the growth and development of our staff is essential if we are to deliver outstanding outcomes for the most vulnerable children. You will receive good quality supervision and support, continuous professional development, attractive employee benefits and an opportunity for a career pathway in Sandwell, we want you to make a real difference in children’s lives
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary £29,055 - £33,136 depending on experience plus market supplement of £2,500*
- Up to £6,500 relocation payment (subject to terms & conditions)
- Full and Part Time positions are available plus flexible working opportunities. We believe that a good work-life balance is key to productivity and ensuring our staff are happy, so we ensure there is the opportunity for working patterns to suit you.
- Sandwell Children’s Trust will make a commitment to your continuous learning and development and dedicate 15 days per year to your professional development and also offer learning placements of up to 6 months to expand your knowledge.
- You will have access to a range of wellbeing offers and initiatives and every staff member will be provided with brand new ICT equipment and state of the art systems.
Social Worker Responsibilities:
As a valued Social Worker, you’ll assess the vulnerability of Sandwell’s children, providing a service that will significantly improve their quality of life. You’ll ensure the best outcome possible for our children, young people and their families, through safeguarding and promoting their welfare.
You will have a manageable caseload of children and young people, co-ordinate services using resources appropriately and involving multi-agency partners when needed. You will conduct a range of assessments whilst listening to the views of the people you’re supporting.
The ideal Social Worker:
- You must be social work qualified with some experience of working in a children and families setting.
- You must have the ability to work flexibly and outside core working hours.
- Ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
- You will need to be self-motivated, organised with effective communication skills both written and verbally.
- A current Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with the HCPC.
About Sandwell Children’s Trust:
At Sandwell Children’s Trust, our purpose is clear – “improving the lives of children and young people” is at the heart of everything we do. Praised by Ofsted 2 months since the Trust launched for our ‘ambitious improvement plan’ and our ‘renewed energy and determination to improve services for children and families’, at Sandwell Children’s Trust we are well on the way to becoming the region’s employer of choice.
In the Trust we are transforming the way we do things and we want to strengthen our teams to enable us to provide intervention and preventative solutions for the families we work with. We have the freedom to make quick decisions that matter the most, resulting in the best possible outcomes.
We believe in providing the best possible work environment and opportunities for our staff, where together with an inspirational leadership team we strive to serve our purpose of improving the lives of children and young people.
If you are looking for your next challenge as our Social Worker, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!Supporting documents