Personal Advisor - Employment & Training
Telford & Wrekin Children in Care & Leaving Care team
- Post: Support & Personal Advisor X1
- Hours : 22 hours per week
- Grade Scale 5 scp 22- 25 £21,074-£23,111 pro rata in relation to hours required (10.92 - £11.97 per hour).
- Status: Fixed term for 8 months.
- Minimum Qualification requirements: NVQ level 3 or equivalent- literate and numerate to GCSE standard
- Hours or work: 22 Hours week involving some planned evening work.
We are seeking to appoint a Support & Personal Advisor for a 8 month period around employment and training for young people Leaving Care and Care Leavers
This post is located within the Children in Care & Leaving Care Team, and will work with a range of children and young people up to the age of 25yrs.
We are seeking someone with direct experience of working with children and young people in particular older young people.
Knowledge of statutory legislation related to children in care & leaving care, and the requirements of Personal Advisors for children in care making the transition to independence is essential.
Knowledge and or experience of supporting the delivery of the local offer for Care Leavers
We are seeking a person who is committed and passionate about working with directly with our children in care and care leavers and able to support them with
- education & employment
- health & wellbeing,
- In a range of placements and accommodation,
- life skills support
Closing date for this post: Friday 15th June 2018
Interviews will be held on week commencing 25th June 2018.
For informal inquiries before the Closing date please contact Tony McGregor on 01952 380348.Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification