Level 3 Teaching Assistant
Level 3 Teaching Assistant
£19,819 - £25,463 pro rata
George Dixon Primary School, City Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B17 8LE
Fixed term position for 1 year in the first instance
Start Date: September 2018
George Dixon Primary School is a vibrant, inclusive and diverse school where we welcome children from all around the world. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly skilled TA who is committed to the supporting our pupils and teachers.
Due to temporary job share, we are looking to appoint a TA. We require you to have a minimum of 2 years experience as a TA in a primary school with significant experience of SEND as well as an NVQ Level 3 childcare qualification (or equivalent).
We are looking for a TA who:
- Enjoys working as part of a team, communicates well and prides themselves on their interpersonal skills.
- Is motivated, hardworking, flexible and dedicated to providing the best possible education for children.
- Will be committed to the school vision and ethos.
- Demonstrates high levels of literacy and numeracy skills (equivalent to GCSE grade C or above).
- Proven ability to support the class teacher in meeting the needs of all pupils, including working with individuals and small groups of children.
We can offer you:
- An inclusive, values driven ethos.
- A diverse, supportive school community.
- Wonderful, energetic, receptive, polite and fun children.
- Committed staff.
- Parents who want the best for their children.
- A supportive Governing Body.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: Wednesday 20 June 2018
Please contact George Dixon Primary School Office for an application pack on
0121 675 2775 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All completed applications must be returned to George Dixon Primary School either via email to: email@example.com or in the post to Charmaine Cole, Senior Office Manager at the school address
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 25 June 2018
The children, and staff at George Dixon Primary School are their greatest assets and the Governing Body works very hard to ensure the school continues to improve. Informal visits to the school are strongly recommended. Informal Visits to the school are welcome by arrangement with the school office.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
BCC is a Living Wage employer