£23,142.19 - £28,970 pro rata
St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, Wychall Lane, Kings Norton, Birmingham, B38 8AP
Tel: 0121 464 4643, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
36.5 hours per week, term time only
Required from September 2018
Fixed term contract initially, but will be reviewed during the academic year
- Are you passionate about the education, well-being and care of young people?
- Are you enthusiastic about students reaching their full potential?
- Are you excited about the possibility of joining a dedicated team of committed and hardworking staff?
St Thomas Aquinas is a large and thriving 11-18 Catholic comprehensive school where staff and students from all faiths live out the school mission and every member of the community feels valued and engaged. In 2011 the school was judged to be Outstanding by OFSTED.
The School requires an enthusiastic and hardworking Pastoral Manager to support and work alongside the Heads of Year and Senior Management Team. The purpose of the role is to support the Pastoral Year Head/Achievement Co-ordinator in improving, monitoring and evaluating pastoral strategies.
It is an exciting time to join St Thomas Aquinas School as we became part of the Lumen Christi Catholic Multi Academy on the 1 April 2015. This links us with five of our Catholic Primary Feeder Schools and brings real opportunities for collaborative teaching and learning.
You will be responsible for:
- Support school standards.
- Providing support and advice to students in line with promoting their social care and personal development.
- Respond to and take steps to resolve relationship issues between students.
- Provide general student support.
- Work with the attendance team working with agreed target students and contact with parents/carers
- Liaison with external agencies and become a Child Protection Officer – when training completed for this role.
- Attend relevant meetings both internally and with outside agencies.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to converse at ease with parents/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Closing Date: Friday 22 June 2018 at 9.00 am
Informal visits to the school are welcome; please contact the School Office to arrange.
For further details and application form visit: www.stacs.org or contact: the main school office for details.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.