Senior Enablement Worker- Community Activity & Wellbeing
Can you make a positive difference to someone’s life? Do you have good communication and listening skills and feel passionate about supporting other people to live a more independent and fulfilling life?
My Options - Activity Wellbeing and Care Services is part of Telford & Wrekin Council and provides a wide range of person-centred support to over 350 people to vulnerable people of all ages and abilities.
We provide a wide range of services including; Community Activity and Wellbeing, services, Residential options, Community support for those people living in their own or shared accommodation. Our services also include a very successful Shared Lives Scheme and The Skills and Enterprise hub, where people can develop their skills and confidence as part of their stepping stone to work.
We are looking to recruit am experienced and highly motivated Senior Enablement Worker to work as part of our Community Activity & Wellbeing team. Reporting to the Service Leader you will play a key role in the co ordination and delivery of in the delivery of personalised enablement services which are delivered in a variety of community and building based settings.
You will be able to demonstrate a positive track record in all aspects of support and enablement for vulnerable people, promoting independence wellbeing and community engagement whilst having a commitment to work flexibly to deliver best quality and efficient services.
• Ability to work with people using services individually or in small groups to achieve personal objectives which look to maximise independence, wellbeing choice and community involvement.
• Ability to plan, co ordinate and deliver practical aspects of safe service delivery, including the delivery of individual or group enablement /support.
• Ability to support staff to work safely and competently.
• Willingness to attend identified training and development events.
• Ability to develop an understanding of professional conduct and a commitment to work within the guidelines of appropriate regulatory body. Eg CQC
• Ability to cope in a crisis
• Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
• Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills sufficient to contribute to record keeping systems an processes
• Ability to maximise efficient and effective use of resources.
• Demonstrate good ICT skills
• Ability to drive customer’s mobility cars, establishment or other vehicles –only if required for the post and discussed with your manager.
• Have a flexible approach to work commitments in order to meet the changing needs of customers and the service.
• Ability to support customers with all elements with their physical health needs, this may include pushing wheelchairs, using hoists, and where appropriate the use of MAPA Techniques.
• Experience of providing support to vulnerable people of all ages and abilities
• Experience of providing personal care and support to people, including those with learning disabilities, complex needs and whose behaviour may challenge, in a variety of community settings.
• Experience of supervising/mentoring staff
• Experience of Implementing and monitoring personalised support/care plans
• Experience of community-based work
To find out more about the My Options services please take a look at our website: www.myoptionstelford.co.uk
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact: My Options, Activity Wellbeing and Care services on 01952 381317 and ask for Marie Fisher - Group Manager or email email@example.com