Business Support Officer
Telford & Wrekin Council provides a Business Support Service across Children, Young People and Adult Services.
1 x Business Support Officer
37 hours pw
Salary £18,870 - £20,541
The postholder will be required to carry out a range of administrative duties including the maintenance of accurate records and systems, together with regular and complex minute-taking. The postholder will be supported by the Team Leader/Senior Business Support Officer, to complete a range of tasks/functions. The majority of the main functions of the team will be supported by written processes and instructions.
The Business Support Service supports the following service areas:
• Early Help & Support
• Children’s Safeguarding & Specialist Services & Family Connect
• School Performance & Development
• Education and Corporate Parenting
• Strategic Procurement, Brokerage & Commissioning Vulnerable People
• Independent Children’s Safeguarding, Quality and Advocacy.
The postholder will support the School Performance & Development service area which is responsible for ensuring that every child in the borough can access good quality education and childcare in schools and Early Years providers in their own locality. Teams in this area are responsible for delivering the following school improvement services:
- School governance services including legal advice & support and governor training
- Access and Inclusion, including the management of children educated at home and advice to schools on safeguarding issues and the management of exclusions
- Multicultural development services, including support for EAL pupils
- Teaching and Learning consultancy, advice and training
- Newly Qualified Teacher management and support
The service area also plans the provision of schools places (Admissions & Attendance teams) and provides monitoring and challenge to schools and settings. (Quality assurance).
For further information on the role please click on the job description and person specification which is available below.
Interviews will be held on Friday 27th July 2018.
For any queries, please contact Beth Seymour on 01952 380861.Supporting documents