Vice Principal ( St Peters Catholic Academy )
Vice Principal NOR: 242 Salary Range: L6 – L10 Required for January 2019 or before
Archdiocese of Birmingham in partnership with The Newman Catholic Collegiate and St Peter’s Catholic Academy, Waterloo Road, Cobridge, Stoke on Trent ST6 3HL
Vice Principal, L6 – L10
The Directors of the Collegiate are seeking to appoint a Vice Principal to strengthen and enhance the Senior Leadership Team of St Peter’s Catholic Academy. This is an ideal opportunity for an exceptional, highly motivated and dedicated professional who has a strong sense of vocation. You can expect to join a committed, hardworking and innovative Senior Leadership Team, which is supportive to staff and determined to achieve improvement. You will be someone who has high expectations of themselves and others; has a collaborative approach; is passionate about inclusion and providing the highest quality education.
St Peter’s is a thriving, well-respected Catholic Academy, part of the Newman Catholic Collegiate. We are seeking to appoint a practising Catholic Vice Principal with a clear vision and a strong commitment to the Catholic ethos and needs of a high achieving school.
The successful candidate will be well supported in fulfilling future aspirations for Headship.
“The spiritual and moral development of pupils is outstanding.’ Section 48 Inspection 2016
We can offer you:
- A welcoming community where staff, parents and Academy Representatives are dedicated to working together to achieve the best for every child.
- Well established links with St Joseph’s parish, Burslem and the local community.
- Supportive and dedicated Academy Representatives.
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
- The opportunity to gain experience of effective partnership within an established primary collaboration, and opportunities to work with and learn from other academies within the Collegiate.
- A commitment to professional and personal development.
- A stimulating learning environment with colleagues who are passionate about teaching and learning.
- Delightful, well behaved, motivated and friendly children who are eager to achieve their full potential.
Our Vice Principal will:
- Work in partnership with the Principal and Senior Leadership Team to promote and further enhance the Catholic ethos of our school.
- Be an excellent classroom teacher who can consistently deliver good and outstanding teaching, having high expectations of themselves, and expecting high standards of pupil achievement and behaviour.
- Be experienced in teaching in upper Key Stage 2.
- Be experienced in leading English or Mathematics.
- Be able to give evidence of the positive impact of their leadership experience.
- Have the management and interpersonal skills to be able to lead, challenge and motivate others to achieve outstanding practice.
- Able to analyse data, develop strategic plans, set targets and monitor and evaluate progress towards these.
- Be a positive, caring person who values and respects every individual
- Be proactive in supporting school development.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged – please make an appointment with Mrs L Barnett School Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org 01782 235040
To apply please email the school email@example.com for an application pack
Closing date for applications – 12 noon 2nd July 2018
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be advised by email
Interviews - 12th July 2018
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions. Click here for further information.
Asylum and Immigration
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/