Clerical Assistant - Apprentice
Our opportunity for you
We have a vacancy for an Apprentice Clerical Assistant.
To work as a member of the administration team, providing general clerical, administrative and financial support to the academy.
Do you want to work with resilient, eager students aged 11-16? Are you able to help young people develop academic and personal skills swiftly? Would you value the opportunity to work in a modern, vibrant town with a historic heart? Then Landau Forte Academy Amington is the place for you. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a leading educational organisation at the cutting edge of educational development.
- Hours: 38.25 per week
- Working Pattern: Whole Year
- Contract: Temporary
- Start date: 29 August 2018
- Actual Salary: To be discussed at Interview
- Closing Date: 2 July 2018
About The Trust
Landau Forte Charitable Trust is a family of six Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form Academies across the Midlands. Established in 1989, our roots as a charity lie in the global finance and hospitality industries, with our founders Martin Landau and Rocco Forte. Their values combine in how our schools look after their children and young people; they aspire to a world-leading standard of innovation, entrepreneurship, service and care.
We believe a brilliant education should be central to the development of every child and young person. Their learning, wellbeing and happiness is at the centre of every decision we take and every pound we spend.
Person Specification and Job Description
The type of person we are looking for will be committed to outstanding levels of customer service and enthusiastic about working with young people. He or she will demonstrate a willingness to contribute to the overall ethos and aims of the academy. Specific Skills and Abilities
- Effective use of ICT packages.
- Ability to use relevant equipment/resources.
- Good keyboard skills.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team.
- Ability to relate well to children and to adults.
- Good organising, planning and prioritising skills.
- Methodical with good attention to detail.
- Customer focused
- Able to communicates effectively
- Has a friendly yet professional and respectful approach which demonstrates support and shows mutual respect.
- Open, honest and an active listener.
- Takes responsibility and accountability.
- Committed to the needs of the students, parents and other stakeholders and challenge barriers and blocks to providing an effective service.
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude including suggesting solutions, participating, trusting and encouraging others and achieving expectations.
- Is committed to the provision and improvement of a quality service.
- Is adaptable to and embraces change.
- Acts with pace and urgency being energetic, enthusiastic and decisive.
- Has the ability to learn from experiences and challenges.
- Is committed to the continuous development of self and others by keeping up to date and sharing knowledge, encouraging new ideas, seeking new opportunities and challenges, open to ideas and developing new skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant qualifications (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the specific appointment.
- Evidence of a successful education
- You will be educated with formal qualifications including GCSE (or Level 2 equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language or similar qualifications gained since leaving compulsory education.
In addition, responsibilities may be delegated in line with experience, expertise and designated role within the Academy.
What We Can Offer You
- A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
- The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
- Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
- A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
Landau Forte Academy Amington
We are a rapidly improving 11-16 academy under new leadership, with a Progress 8 score which improved dramatically from 2015. It is a vibrant place to work with committed staff and a student body who’s behaviour Ofsted described as ‘polite, courteous and respectful’. Our aim is to continue this arc of improvement. Opportunities for professional development are enhanced by our partnership with the Landau Forte Teaching School Alliance.
The local area
Tamworth is a historic town surrounded by beautiful countryside, located a short distance from Birmingham. The Academy is located close to the centre of Tamworth, with superb transport links.
Tamworth boasts a range of historical sites and leisure attractions, including: Tamworth Castle; the Tamworth SnowDome and Drayton Manor Amusement Park. Within a 20 minute drive from the town, you can find yourself in the beautiful, open Staffordshire countryside or Birmingham‘s bustling city centre.
- Tamworth is 10 minutes away from the M42; junction 10
- Direct trains from Birmingham (10 minutes) and London (1 hour 15 minutes)
- Birmingham and East Midlands Airports are 30 minutes away