Foundation Stage Teaching Assistant ( St Marys Catholic Academy )
Foundation Stage Teaching Assistant required for September 2018
This is a full-time Position 30 hours Level 4 £17,391 pro rata
St. Mary’s is part of the Newman Catholic Collegiate and is a National Support School. The Directors are seeking to appoint a hardworking and committed Teaching Assistant to join our enthusiastic team. The position is for a Teaching Assistant in Foundation Stage. St. Mary’s and its partner school, Our Lady of Grace are both rated outstanding by Ofsted and we are looking for a practitioner to complement our outstanding teaching team.
We are seeking to appoint a teaching assistant who:
- Is fully supportive of the Catholic Ethos of the school
- Has a good working knowledge of the EYFS/KS1 curriculum
- Has a flexible approach and ability to work as part of a team
- Is willing to participate fully in all aspects of school life
- Demonstrates excellent classroom practice with high standards of teaching and learning
- Has the ability to think on their feet and use their initiative
- Is motivated, passionate and reflective about their work
- Has a commitment to professional development and the skills to engage positively with practitioners, parents/carers and families
We can offer:
- A friendly, welcoming community which values everyone
- A positive climate in which you can develop new ideas and initiatives;
- Support from an enthusiastic and dynamic team at this and other schools within the academy.
- Happy, enthusiastic, well-behaved children who are keen to learn
- Very supportive staff, parents and governors
- A commitment to your on-going professional development.
Candidates are welcome and encouraged to visit the school by prior arrangement. Applications from Newly Qualified and experienced teachers are welcome. Application packs are available from Mrs Tracey Edge, Office Manager, St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Ford Green Rd. Norton-le-Moors, Stoke-on-Trent. ST6 8EZ. Tel: 01782-234820 and also on the school’s Website:
For further information about this post, or to arrange a school visit, please contact
Mr. I Beardmore, Principal or Mrs S. Rathbone, Head of School
Closing date for all applications: 29th June 2018 12pm
Interviews: wb 2nd July 2018
St. Mary’s Catholic Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment.
DBS Checks This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions. Click here for further information.
Asylum and Immigration To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide