Attendance and Admissions Clerk
Clifton Primary School, Brunswick Road, Balsall Heath, Birmingham, B12 8NX Tel: 0121 464 2926, Fax: 0121 464 4287, Website: www.cliftonprimary.bham.sch.uk,
Head Teacher: Mrs C. Mitchell
Paid as an all year round post based on 36.5 hours per week
School requires during term time 41 hours per week to be worked and 5 days’ work planned during school holidays – flexibility required.
The person appointed is required to work the core school office hours:
8.00 am to 4.42 pm (half an hour for lunch), plus 5 days to be worked during the school holidays as required.
Clifton Primary is an Outstanding (Ofsted 2009 and 2013) vibrant, multi-cultural school with a commitment to making a difference to the lives of our pupils and the community it serves.
The Governors of Clifton Primary School wish to appoint an Attendance and Admissions clerk to work in our busy School. We are looking for someone with previous experience of administrative and clerical work including word processing, maintaining databases, telephone and reception duties. Part of this role is to support our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator. The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, dedicated and an adaptable team player who enjoys working with children
- possess excellent communication skills
- have knowledge of admissions and attendance procedures within a Primary School
- possess basic knowledge of Special Educational Needs
- have experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and database applications, CMIS/School management information system experience desirable
- be efficient, enthusiastic and organised
- be able to work accurately and to tight deadlines
- have good literacy and numeracy skills, Maths and English GCSE Level Grade A-C is required
- be willing to be involved in the life of the school and develop good relationships with parents and their children, teachers and other support staff
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: Friday 29 June 2018, 12 noon
We would strongly recommend that you visit us before applying. Please contact
Mrs V Harold via email: email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Application packs are available from the school website.
We anticipate contacting successful candidates for interview: Week commencing Monday 9 July 2018
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
BCC is a Living Wage employer