Edith Cadbury Nursery School, Somerford Road, Weoley Castle, Birmingham, B29 5LB,
Tel: 0121 475 3098
Start Date: January 2019
The Governors are seeking to appoint a committed, enthusiastic person with a passion for child-centred Early Years Education to build on the vision and values we have for our nursery.
Edith Cadbury Nursery School is a popular and thriving school in the south west of Birmingham offering up to 57FTE places to 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
Our ethos is that all children regardless of gender, background or ability can achieve their full potential in a safe, secure, stimulating and caring environment. In December 2014 Ofsted judged our school to be “Good”. “Staff establish warm and caring relationships with children. This contributes to children’s confidence and their good achievement.” Ofsted December 2014.
We are a proud part of Birmingham Nursery Schools Collaboration Trust which promotes quality and excellence for our youngest children. Our collaborative work recently has included peer to peer reviews conducted by head teachers, assessment moderation and data sharing, joint staff training and joint procurement.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Outstanding leadership and management skills to further develop and inspire a team of skilled, dedicated and motivated staff, ensuring high quality teaching and learning takes place.
- A passion for raising standards and improving outcomes for children and has the enthusiasm and vision to continue to raise achievement for all.
- A proven track record as a senior leader in a school with a clear sighted vision of the future and a strategic mind to achieve it.
- Extensive experience of teaching within Early Years, outstanding practice and proven track record of raising attainment.
- Evidence of meeting the teachers’ standards at a consistently good or better level over time.
- A strong belief and a commitment to a nurturing ethos to provide high quality education for all.
- Knowledge of working within a multi-agency environment and recognition of the importance of both family and community links to support children’s development.
- A commitment to manage change and be able to adapt quickly to constantly changing legislation and guidance.
- Creative, innovative and inspirational leadership of both children and staff.
- Commitment to inclusive practice and equality of opportunity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We can offer:
- An excellent CPD package to support you in becoming an outstanding leader.
- Opportunities to work with colleagues within and across schools to develop leadership and management skills.
- A welcoming, committed and motivated staff team.
- Experienced and committed governors who take an active role in school life.
- Children who are happy and enthusiastic learners and parents who understand the importance of working in partnership to provide the best outcomes for their children.
- A warm, nurturing environment in which everyone is valued.
- A well established, respected setting within a supportive community that shares a passion for success for their children and themselves.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged to come and meet children and staff. Visits are planned between 5/7/18 and 20/7/18. Please contact Lorraine Keen to arrange a visit on 0121 475 3098.
Closing date: Monday 6th August 2018, 9am.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.