1:1 Specialist Teaching Practitioner (Forsbrook CE Primary School)
1-1 Specialist Teaching Practitioner
18 hours per week Mon- Thurs
The governors at Forsbrook CE Primary School are looking for a highly qualified and experienced professional to work as a specialist Teaching Practitioner to support a named child with communication and interaction difficulties. This is a temporary post while the pupil is in school for 18 hours per week Monday-Thursday. The post requires a talented individual who is flexible, creative and dedicated to supporting children with special educational needs.
All applicants must a have a calm and nurturing approach to children. You must be committed to building upon children’s individual strengths and knowledge and be a passionate and reflective practitioner.
A successful specialist SEN Teaching Practitioner will:
- Demonstrate a proven track record of working with pupils with communication and interaction difficulties
- Display excellent communication skills at all levels
- Have the ability to work in partnership with parents, teachers and other external support agencies.
- Have an in depth knowledge of the eight sensory systems and an awareness of the most effective strategies to use with children with communication and interaction difficulties.
- Be able to analyse behaviour and provide social and emotional support.
- Have high expectations of children's attainment.
- Be caring and patient and able to cater for the individual needs of the child.
Closing date for applicants: Friday 31st August at 12pm
Interviews: Wednesday 5th September 2018
We look forward to receiving your application. This can be downloaded below. Please send completed applications and recruitment monitoring forms for this post to email@example.com
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you have any queries regarding this post please contact the office on 01782 392577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org but please be aware that school is closed for the summer holidays from 20.7.18 – 03.09.18.