Learning Support Assistant - Ref: TV33118
Rivers Primary Academy
Mersey Road, Blakenall, Walsall, WS3 1NP
Tel: 01922 710164
Learning Support Assistant
(working 1:1 with a child with an ECHP)
17.5 hours per week term time only (8.45 am – 12.45 pm)
Grade 3 SCP 11, Actual salary £6,292
Required from September
We are seeking to appoint a talented and highly motivated Learning Support Assistant to join our team. Forming part of WAT, Rivers Primary Academy is an exciting, dynamic place to work that can offer great opportunities. This is a temporary position, dependent on centrally funded support.
- Enthusiastic pupils who are keen to learn;
- Supportive parents and Local Governing Body;
- A talented staff team who welcome new challenges, committed to supporting and developing colleagues.
- Quality continuous professional development;
- Opportunities to work within the WAT partnership schools.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can provide learning support for the pupil in class or in withdrawal situations, either 1:1 or small groups;
- Can work alongside SENCO and class teacher and outside agencies;
- Can carry out a specific programme of work for the pupil to complete;
- Can motivate and encourage the pupil to have a go at activities they may be unsure of;
This is a temporary contract as it is for special needs provision. The post will be available for as long as the child needs support in school.
Application forms and further information can be viewed on the school website (www.riversprimary.co.uk). Please return your completed application form to
Mr E Morris, Acting Deputy Headteacher, Rivers Primary Academy, Mersey Road, Blakenall, Walsall WS3 1NP or email email@example.com
The closing date is Monday 16th July 2018 at 12 noon
Rivers Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.