Surveyor (Building - Maintenance and Minor Works)
At Warwickshire County Council, we’re looking for a Maintenance & Minor Works Surveyor to manage a portfolio of properties and make sure they remain open. It’s a vital job that means our services can be delivered at all times.
37 hours per week
Reporting to the Maintenance & Minor Works Manager, you will:
- Provide maintenance and minor works for a number of council and independent properties of all shapes, sizes, ages and uses
- Identify, procure and deliver planned and reactive maintenance, adaption, renewal and extension of buildings
- Liaise between property users and construction services
- Deliver successful projects and manage relationships to ensure repeat business and income
- Keep timely, accurate and continuous updates of survey reports for all properties within your portfolio.
In addition to your day-to-day activities, we’ll ask you to inspect and estimate the needs of council and independent buildings every year. You’ll also input into the creation of a yearly work programme, a planned and reactive landlord work programme, and a client-funded minor improvements programme.
Please note: when emergencies happen, we’ll need you to work outside normal office hours.
You’re driven, self-disciplined and able to manage your time – as well as your relationships with clients. You work well in a team, and can communicate effectively with people of all levels.
You’ll have an HNC, HND or a degree in Building Studies (or equivalent), be a member of an appropriate professional body (RICS/MCIOB), and have experience working within a fee target environment.
You’ll also have:
- A successful track record managing contractors and design teams
- An ability to produce works specs, schedules and drawings
- An understanding of the construction industry, including asbestos and the JCT Minor Works contract.
Please note: we’ll need you to complete a DBS disclosure application if you decide to join us.
Additional Information & How to Apply
For further information about the role please contact the hiring manager: Nick Jakes Tel 02476 754285 /
Closing Date: 19th October 2018
Interviews: 7th November 2018
To apply for this vacancy please click on the ‘Apply’ button.
Our method of application is online, you will also be required to upload a supporting statement of how you meet the essential criteria.
Please note, CV’s should not been submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on email@example.com, including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
For updates on our latest recruitment news and vacancies follow us on https://twitter.com/wccjobs
We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification