Salary: Point 16 £18,319 per annum
Permanent contract to commence 1 September 2018
Core Hours: Monday – Thursday 9am to 5pm with a one-hour lunch break (35 hours per week.) Occasional out of hours working may be required in support of meetings and key events, for which time off in lieu will be agreed
Holidays: 28 days (3 of which must be taken during the Christmas period) + bank holidays
Pension: Employees of the Birmingham Diocesan Academies Trust will be auto-enrolled in the Local Government Pension Scheme
Based at the Church of England Offices, 1 Colmore Row, Birmingham. B3 2BJ
The Birmingham Diocesan Academies Trust (BDAT) is at an exciting stage - having launched as a Multi-Academy Trust on 1st September 2017, following agreement from the Regional Schools Commissioner and subsequent approval to become a sponsor. Currently we have six schools within the Trust, in September we will have 8 schools and we plan to expand by around six schools per year.
BDAT recognises that the future for schools lies in formal collaborations; schools working together, in partnership, to offer life in all its fullness for the young people who attend them. Church schools have a very distinctive purpose:
Education is taught in an environment where there is a set of values and ways of behaving that stem from and express the Christian foundation of the school. The church seeks to be a provider of education as a common good, open to all and of benefit to all. Our schools are about providing an education within a Christian framework for children of the local community of any faith. Our Trust seeks to provide a place where Church schools can continue to provide high quality education, knowing that their distinctive ethos will be protected into the future.
• To provide a clerical/administrative service to the head of school improvement and the central leadership team.
• Deal with general queries by e-mail and phone.
• Liaise with schools in the Multi-Academy Trust.
• Liaise and work closely with the Administrator in the central team and liaise with the education team.
• Proof read and format policies.
• Upload documents, including policies and job advertisements to the website.
• Carry out website checks.
• Training preparation: set up and support the management of meetings and events including booking rooms, audio visual and catering.
• Distribute marketing flyers and information via email or post.
• Maintain systems for a range of resources, including databases.
• Maintain stationery supplies and order new as required.
• Supporting staff with printing, copying and filing.
• Provide other general admin support for the Head of School Improvement, including some diary management.
• Any other duties of a similar or related nature relevant with the post.
We are looking for someone with:
• A flexible approach and ideally previous experience in a similar role.
• The ability to be a self-starter and work on their own as well as part of a team.
• The ability to prioritise and handle the requirements of several customers simultaneously.
• A capable and polite communicator, who can easily establish good working relationships both internally and externally.
• Takes a pride in their organisational skills and ability to finish tasks.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills used to dealing with a wide range of people.
• A meticulous approach with real attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a timely and efficient manner to agreed deadlines.
• IT competent and confident; using MS Office.
• Competent at formatting and editing documents.
• An ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence through the medium of English.
• An understanding of and appreciation for the Christian ethos and values of the Trust.
• The post holder will be line managed and report to the Administrator
• The employer is Birmingham Diocesan Academies Trust.
Closing Date: Friday 20th July 2018, 9am
Interviews: 24th July 2018
All applications must be made using the specified application form. CVs will not be considered.
Application forms can be requested from:
Birmingham Diocesan Academies Trust or downloaded here
1, Colmore Row
Birmingham B3 2BJ
Tel: 0121 426 0403
Please submit completed applications to:
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.