Specialist Practitioner - SEND
Please note that if an employee who is currently at risk of redundancy within the organisation applies for this vacancy their application will receive priority. Should this happen then you will be advised accordingly.
This is a temporary post, depending on the needs of the child changing or the child leaving the school.
It is term-time only, working 33.5 hours per week.
We are looking for a Specialist Practitioner to join a dedicated team working to support pupils with a Hearing Impairment based in the HR Resources Base at The Willows Primary School.
Working in partnership and under the guidance of a Specialist Teacher, you will carry out duties having regard for currently legislation, guidance and good practice.
* Provide effective support to school in relation to individual or small groups of children and young people with SEND through inclusive practice and by engaging and motivating children and young people to participate in the learning environment.
* Observe, assess, plan and teach individuals or small groups with guidance from a Specialist Advisor or Teacher
* Deliver and model structured programmes to individuals and small groups of children and young people ensuring that school or setting staff are able to engage and develop their own skills and capacity to address behaviour and / or learning needs
* Plan, prepare and adapt teaching materials, including specialist equipment, to address identified behaviours and / or learning needs and / or disability
* Monitor and contribute to the evaluation of pupil progress and the delivery of specific programmes, strategies and interventions.