LA Clerk to Governors
Governor Services runs a clerking service for schools in the county and surrounding area. We wish to recruit additional clerks to deliver a high quality service to more schools, contributing to the provision of excellent education to their pupils.
The main duties are:
• Providing advice to the governing body on governance, constitutional, and procedural matters.
• Providing effective administrative support to the governing body and its committees, including minuting meetings to a high standard.
• Ensuring the governing body is properly constituted.
• Managing information effectively in accordance with legal requirements.
You will need excellent administrative, IT, and communication skills, the ability to work to deadlines and flexibility to work at times convenient to the governing body, typically early evening.
Initial training and continuing professional development is provided.
New clerks will receive support in their first few weeks, and will be expected to attend the first clerks’ induction course, held termly, after appointment. New clerks are also expected to attend the follow-on Effective Clerking course within their first or second term
We are looking for someone who:
• has a good standard of literacy and numeracy, and ability to produce high quality minutes
• is computer literate, especially with Word, web, and email, and has access to equipment for working from home.
• is an efficient administrator, able to use initiative and able to work under pressure including meeting deadlines
• can research and manage advice from a variety of sources
• can support volunteers and lay people in a professional way
• is able to communicate in person and in writing.
• understands the importance of confidentiality and integrity
• is willing to work in the evenings
• will undertake CPD and an accreditation programme
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
For further information please see the attached Job Description & Person Specification.
Additional Information & How to Apply
For further information about the role please contact the hiring manager:
Joanna Wain email@example.com 01926 742674
Closing Date: 26 Aug 2018
Interview Date: 19 Sep 2018
Please note, CV’s should not been submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to access the application form please contact the Recruitment Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org, including your contact details.
For updates on our latest recruitment news and vacancies follow us on
We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification