Early Years Teaching Assistant: SEND PUPIL SUPPORT
Fixed Term End Date: 31.08.19
Governors wish to appoint an early years teaching assistant with a commitment to both inclusion and reflective practice.
Location: Primary location is Bedworth Heath Nursery School with the flexibility to also be deployed to work at Atherstone Nursery School if required.
The School is in a hard federation with Atherstone Nursery School that includes a shared leadership team and Governing body and staff are contracted to work at either site.
This post is for 25 hours each week from 09:30 to 14:30 daily.
The post holder will provide enhanced ratio support for 4 pupils with a range of SEND
Bedworth Heath admits up to 120 pupils aged 2 to 4 years 11 months. Our Pupils have a wide range of abilities and we take a holistic approach to supporting both children and families.
Our vision statement: ‘You make the difference, Today, Tomorrow, Together’ includes children, families, practitioners and the wider community.
We can offer:
- Outstanding Ofsted Judgement
- Friendly, supportive and highly motivated staff, we operate as a family and everyone contributes
- Exceptional practice and a strong commitment to raising standards
- Excellent opportunities to build experience leading to career progression
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills under the guidance of the Head of Federation and the Head of School
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- A passion and commitment to the principles which underpin high quality early years education, demonstrating knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and welfare requirements
- A clear understanding of the developmental needs of young children
- A passion for supporting pupils with SEND and experience of supporting pupils with a range of physical and sensory needs
- A commitment to raising standards with high expectations for achievement and behaviour for all pupils
- A commitment to working effectively as part of a team within the whole school community
- Sound emotional and physical resilience with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and juggle competing demands
Additional Information & How to Apply
Warwickshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
If you wish to know more about the role please contact us on 02476 364188 and ask to speak to Amanda King: Head of Federation or Nicci Burton: Head of School
You can also contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please respond to the essential and desirable criteria in the person specification when writing your application and also consider how your skills and experience meet the job description.
To apply for this post go to WM jobs or submit your application form to email@example.com
Curriculum Vitae's will not be considered.
Closing Date: 27 July 2018
Interviews will be held at the School on: Wednesday 1st August 2018.
Invitation to interview will be based upon candidates meeting the essential criteria as a minimum.Supporting documents