Housing Triage Assistants
Housing Services is a dynamic and proactive Shared Service team across Wychavon and Malvern Hills districts. We are currently looking to expand our service and have a number of exciting opportunities within our team.
Working in housing can be incredibly rewarding as you can make a real difference to peoples’ lives. We are delighted to have received funding to appoint experienced housing professionals to develop our existing service provision to meet the council’s duties and responsibilities.
Housing Triage Assistants (Two posts)
Two Year Fixed Term Contracts
£19,446 - £23,111
The post holder will act as the first point of contact for all customers who contact our Housing service and will provide initial housing advice, assess customer needs and provide assistance on a range of housing options. Signposting customers to appropriate support, making referrals to other officers and partner organisations and proactively working to reduce the risk of homelessness are also key elements of the role.
In addition to the triage role, the post holder will be expected to undertake additional Housing Assistant duties and work alongside other team members to ensure that a professional and timely service is delivered to our customers.
The post will cover both our Malvern and Wychavon districts.
- To be customer focused and dedicated to providing an excellent and timely service
- Ability to advise and assist customers on all aspects of housing
- Planning and prioritising own workload to meet deadlines
- Work closely with other members of the team and offer support in fulfilling tasks which ensure optimum service delivery
- A tactful and diplomatic approach in all situations
- Ability to communicate relevant information in writing to customers and to maintain accurate, up to date records
- Computer literate with the ability to utilise a range of software packages
Good educational background with numeracy and literacy skills
Previous experience in a Housing or similar related field
Housing qualification or a similar related field
Computer skills: Microsoft Window Packages and Housing related computer systems
To have a sound working knowledge of housing legislation and guidance
For current employees of Malvern Hills or Wychavon District Councils secondments will be considered for this role upon agreement from your current line manager.
For more information or an informal discussion about the role please contact Elaine Salter, Housing Services Manager. Tel:01386 565241 Email:email@example.com or
Gay Lloyd, Principal Housing Officer Tel:01386 565292 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 19 August 2018
Interview Date: 29 August 2018
Job Description & Person Specification