Residential Support Workers- Perm and Bank
We are looking for friendly and enthusiastic individuals to join our team to provide a high quality of care and support for young people within our residential and community services. Support Workers will need to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, cultural and educational needs of the children and young people.
Support Workers will act as a key worker and become a positive role model who is able to offer advice, guidance and assistance where appropriate. Ability to work as part of a team is essential along with recording information accurately, sharing reports and details at review meetings, child protection conferences and possibly at court.
The post holder will be required to work varying shifts, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and on an on-call rota system. Sleeping-in duties are also required for which an additional payment is made.
This service is well established and is within the Edgbaston area. Our aim is to provide residential and community services that help restore stability in the lives of some of society’s most vulnerable young people.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working with children and young people
- Hold an NVQ Level 3 in childcare / CYPW Diploma or equivalent (or willingness to complete)
- Have the ability to work with and support staff working with young people who have been traumatized by abuse
- Have knowledge of Child Protection issues and relevant legislation
- Have knowledge of child adolescent development, the impact of separation and loss, physical, sexual and emotional abuse and difficult behaviours that arise from this abuse
- Be computer literate and able to write up detailed reports
- Have a calm, welcoming and non-judgmental attitude
- Be over 21+ as working with young people aged 11-18
DMR Services offer flexible working hours, a comprehensive induction, ongoing training, career progression and a pension scheme.
As we are committed to safeguarding children and young people, all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check with adult and child workforce.
Please email email@example.com to request an application pack. Please quote reference OL/SW/WMJOBS